How Do I Install Maps

GnatsumGnatsum Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10566Members
<div class="IPBDescription">a newbie question</div> see, i recently got ns_europa, and i think i got everything into my ns folder, but when i try to load the map, i get an error saying something like "something ns/models/europa. Cannot find pbchair.mdl"

i already did add the map models to my models folder

i named it europa... i already tried ns_europa

so like ...can anyon helpe meeee

i was guna try and find a server that is running this map but like theres no servers out there...running custom maps atm

...damn custom maps... always screw me over,

Comments

• MessyTreatMessyTreat Join Date: 2002-12-21 Member: 11309Members
    edited January 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--Darkbolt101+Jan 27 2003, 11:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Darkbolt101 @ Jan 27 2003, 11:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ...i was guna try and find a server that is running this map but like theres no servers out there...running custom maps atm... <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Darkbolt,

Over at <a href='http://www.mayberrygames.com' target='_blank'>Mayberrygames</a>, you will find a number of maps and an NS server that has custom maps in the rotation. Including Europa.

MST
  • kompokompo Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7639Members
    edited January 2003
    models: /ns/models
    sprites: /ns/sprites
    maps: /ns/maps
    wads: /ns/
    skys (.tga): /ns/gfx/env

usually the maps are packed so it puts the right files in the right directories. so usually you just have to extract the files to the ns directory.

the models can though go to different directory, for example ns/models/ns_europa.

and the map won't show in the list while making a server if there's no minimap (sprite) for the map.