Any Ps Wizzes Know How To Do This?

oirfidoirfid Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12631Members
I am working on some wallpapers with a Kharaa theme and I'll be damned if I can't figure out how to get an effect that even slightly resembles the look of the alien slime/spores. I've tried using the textures from the WAD but they don't fit the rest of the image when their size is increased. Does anyone know how the NS team accomplished this effect? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• KeksImperiumKeksImperium Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9300Members
    erm, im not shure what you mean?

if you meant the infestation there is a psd somewhere around here with it
    (i can mail it to you, just pm me)
  • Vicious_VPVicious_VP Join Date: 2002-12-05 Member: 10492Members
    If you just looking for stuff like Alien sprays, spit, bile bomb hits, then use the sprites. DL SpriteView and then open the one you want and save it to a BMP. Bring it in to PS and color it as you wish. There you go.
  • AllUrHiveRblong2usAllUrHiveRblong2us By Your Powers Combined... Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11244Members
    Or you could just use the wads anyway, but filter them into the stone age.
  • oirfidoirfid Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12631Members
    I'm talking about the infestation stuff that's all over the walls (in the fluff it says that it's either spores or bacteria of some sort as I recall)
  • DelarosaDelarosa Naturally Custom Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10214Members, NS1 Playtester
    i'de say ise your lasso, fill it with green, wave effect, crop the vines with some transparent, and start another layer, slightly brighter, and smaller, maybe some dark veins as accent... i might be able to do it, but it would push my PS skills at the moment, if that's what your loking for, try it, you never know what you might end up with... just dont stop until you've done it....