Shell.mdl?

The_Mad_KniferThe_Mad_Knifer Join Date: 2003-01-18 Member: 12439Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Cant join becasue I dont have shell.mdl</div> Recently, on some servers I join, it will start loading, but will end in this error message: Requires file consistency of models/shell.mdl or something like that. Not really major, but more servers seem to be doing this every day. Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Download the server patch and put your the shell.mdl in your Ns folder. I'm not sure if its goes in a subfolder or not, but you do need to dl the 1.03 server patch.
  • L3TUC3L3TUC3 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5770Members
    Um, you have the CLIENT d/l right? Then you don't need the server patch.

Reiinstall HL and NS, all should run fine. Seems to happen to some folks, but the files which are inconsistent change. Maybe a virusscan wouldn't hurt.
  • RhoadsToNowhereRhoadsToNowhere i r 8 Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 33Members
    Sirus is correct. Server patch v1.03 actually does contain some files that are useful to clients, most notably things like shell.mdl. Downloading the server patch will fix it.

It's not the only possible way, though. I understand that this problem is usually caused because the client has Blue Shift's HD pack installed, which contains an updated shell.mdl. Easy ways to fix this would include deleting the HD pack (which I believe is called half-life\valve\pak2.pak), and extracting shell.mdl from half-life\valve\pak0.pak and placing it in half-life\ns\models.