Esc-key does not send me to the pause menu. No key sends me to the pause menu

Soulstealer6789Soulstealer6789 USA Join Date: 2021-01-20 Member: 267012Members
Build: July-2020 65786
I can do everything in-game as normal, there was a slight framerate drop that might be unrelated.
The ESC key functions the same as the right click on the mouse. I tried every key and none of them send me to the pause menu. I had to close the game with Ctrl-alt-del.
Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
Ram: 19827 megabytes
GPU RAM: 5991 megabytes
Threads: 16 logical processors
Version: 65786
Build date: 7/10/2020 8:00:26 PM

I don't know if this is a specs issue but I don't think this is.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
The game ran fine for the last couple of days and I have never had this issue before.
I bought it through steam.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Try deleting the options file in the saves folder. I'm guessing a keybind got switched somehow.
  • Coltn3125Coltn3125 Join Date: 2021-06-01 Member: 270931Members
    edited June 2021
    I have this same problem right now. The ESC key never worked right from the start of the game as I tried to use it to skip the opening cinematic. Everything works in the game but there is no way at all to save the game without the ESC key. I have to use the CTR ALT DEL to get out of the game and close it in the task bar.
    I have played this game in alpha and it worked just fine.
  • Coltn3125Coltn3125 Join Date: 2021-06-01 Member: 270931Members
    I have found the origin to the problem. It thinks I want to play the game on a controller. The only way I can access the menu is by clicking "start" or menu button on my controller. This does have me a bit confused though as I did not have my controller plugged in for about a month. So I have no idea why it still played on the keyboard/mouse but blocked me on the menu button.
    I found this problem when I watched "the mighty jingles" playing this game on youtube as he had the same problem. His fix of deactivating the controller in the menu did not work for me tough. As even doing that I still cannot get the ESC key to work at all on my keyboard in game.