Building bases on the ground

v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members
I think it'd be a good idea to be able to build bases similar to the starting base instead of always building underwater, I'd love to be able to do that Building the base on the ground and building the stairways going into it

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited July 2019
    Uhhh, you can already build bases outside the water on the ground. They work in many different environments including space, as mentioned by the Habitat Builder databank. (Obviously you can't built a base in space in the game)
  • v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members
    edited July 2019
    Uhhh, you can already build bases outside the water on the ground. They work in many different environments including space, as mentioned by the Habitat Builder databank. (Obviously you can't built a base in space in the game)

They don't work the same on land as in water, because when you place the foundations down on land, then attach another module such as the multipurpose room and stick a hatch on it you cannot get into the hatch without jumping and when you exit the hatch it sounds like you are exiting underwater; the idea behind my post was to suggest having a way to build a base similar to the starting one with the bulkheads as entry points
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I mean. You dont need foundations on land since hull integ is useless on land. I have built bases on land multiple times without jumping as well. But i see what you mean with the bulkhead doors. I would like them as entry points as well
  • Alu1753Alu1753 United States Join Date: 2021-05-20 Member: 270423Members
    There should be a staircase for outside in the build menu so we can make better outside/ glaciers bases
  • SuthaiSuthai Thailand Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270825Members
    Yeah, I always build surface bases that are connected to the moonpool underwater. Just feels more challenging that way. But staircases, walkways, and ladders outdoor are much needed if we are to be given more freedom vertically to build bases on land. The fact that foundation platforms have no ladder makes it hard to access higher areas, which forces me to build wide rather than high. Lastly, the large building and the multipurpose building have very limited compatibility.
  • DawnheartDawnheart Join Date: 2021-06-21 Member: 271438Members
    Alu1753 wrote: »
    There should be a staircase for outside in the build menu so we can make better outside/ glaciers bases

you know..... i was thinking.... that you know all that cool stuff from the delta station docks, like the floats on the fence-wire plank? we should be able to put those on our base at the start