Below Zero PS4 - starting map won't load, save froze, game froze.

B_CadeB_Cade WA State Join Date: 2020-04-09 Member: 259834Members
edited May 2021 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Got as far as getting the seaglide and over to the first cache and some exploring. Went as far as the first 'green tinted' kelp area, turned around, and the map/terrain simply vanished, with my drop-pod 'hovering' in open space. Tried saving since I'd made my seaglide after my last save, and the save function just froze. I can't even get to the main game menu, and finally just had to shut it all down from my PS4 menu.

That's even worse than the map loading glitch on the first one, as at least I could save/didn't crash the game entirely.

Comments

• travisty75travisty75 USA Join Date: 2021-05-16 Member: 270161Members
    B_Cade wrote: »
    Got as far as getting the seaglide and over to the first cache and some exploring. Went as far as the first 'green tinted' kelp area, turned around, and the map/terrain simply vanished, with my drop-pod 'hovering' in open space. Tried saving since I'd made my seaglide after my last save, and the save function just froze. I can't even get to the main game menu, and finally just had to shut it all down from my PS4 menu.

That's even worse than the map loading glitch on the first one, as at least I could save/didn't crash the game entirely.

I'm having the exact same issue! Thought it was a fluke the first time it happened to me because I was an hour in to the game before saving the first time. I had to close the application, restarted it, went through everything I had previously done and saved multiple times. I then went to the Emergency Cache location, then swam out another 700 meters, and when I returned to my pod it was floating and the game wouldn't save. I had to close the application again, but this time I only lost 10 minutes of save data.

Anyone else?

• noodles__666noodles__666 Join Date: 2021-05-17 Member: 270194Members
    6:01pm i have no clue how to solve this i was at a mountain, then i went into the water and everything gone exept the mountain.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @noodles__666 Try clearing your cellscache, directions in my signature.
  • XxAarchangeLxXXxAarchangeLxX Canada Join Date: 2021-05-26 Member: 270666Members
    edited May 2021
    Just had an avalanche of bugs on my PS4 version. I tend to wait for a price-drop on games but I loved S1 enough to go into this one full price.

I end up with:
    - sections of the map not loading,
    - my seatruck getting under the map,
    - scanroom cameras unusable even after I manually docked it into the side of the room, fully charged and undamaged,
    - then to really hit it home, the game decides it didn't want to save. I got stuck in an infinite save loop and lost 3 hours of gameplay.

Then they want us to come on here, post the bugs to help them out, but also wait 24 hours to even post a topic.

I'm not a Beta-Tester. I'm a Customer.

I recommend to anyone out there playing this game to save often. Very often. (how this is the second game without an autosave is beyond me.) Also pray the save file doesn't corrupt, because you only get one slot per playthrough.

Also this is the Mar-2021 43525 or PS4 V.1.01 build. And my Avatar displays my feelings towards this current build.