Regarding VR in Subnautica

jfrijfri Join Date: 2021-04-20 Member: 269302Members
I installed this game from my X box Game Pass for PC. When starting it I was surprised that it launched in VR mode. Terrific I thought the startup display looked good and was in VR. But then I soon discovered that I have no possible way to interact with the game. My headset controller can't do anything and there are no way to use the mouse. And then I saw on my Steam account that for this game my HP Reverb G2 headset is not supported. My question will support for it be implemented in the future and if so when ?

Comments

• KyzarvsKyzarvs UK Join Date: 2019-08-08 Member: 254142Members
    Aren't you meant to use a X-Box 360 controller in Sub?
  • jfrijfri Join Date: 2021-04-20 Member: 269302Members
    For using it on a PC where an Xbox controller is optional ? Although I have another game controller but it was to no help. I could although change the menu selection but doing nothing else. And for using the game menu I think my VR controllers or a PC mouse should be able to use. That is the case in all other VR supported products I use
  • doogledoogle Sherwood Forest Join Date: 2021-05-13 Member: 269982Members
    I used my PS4 controller when playing in VR mode. It did also allow me to use my keyboard and mouse too, so not sure why it won't for you.

I've used both my Index VR headset and before I got that, my brother's PS4VR headset, and both worked fine, so I don't think it really matters what make/model of headset you're using.

If you can, (I'm not sure if it would work for the Xbox gamepass version of Subnautica) there is a mod that fixes a lot of the VR bugs in the game on the Subnautica Nexus website.
  • jfrijfri Join Date: 2021-04-20 Member: 269302Members
    It seem that the problem is to make it work with the HP Reverb G2.
    I wonder if it can be confirmed that I would be able to make it work with a X box controller ?
    But even if that would be the case it is hard to motivate the cost of X box controller just for one game even if it is good.