[Bug] Unable to replace batteries from tools or ships: key to replace not assigned [Jan. 2021-40963]

DonnyDonny Germany Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218268Members
edited January 2021 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Subnautica below Zero [Jan 2021-40963]

Description:
I can't say something about the trigger days ago, but right at the moment I am still unable to replace a battery from a tool or remove one from a ship within an 8h game. It worked definitely weeks ago.
The key to replace/remove is not assigned according to the menu describing the controls to switch between the batteries - but there is no option within that menu nor within the key settings to assign a key to that specific function.
I tried other keys, but no luck.
Switching between the batteries of the inventory is possible while using WASD or mouse, and Esc leaves the menu.

To Reproduce:
Just try to replace or remove a battery of a tool by pressing R or to left click on one of thje batteries of the sea truck. The battery menu pops up and you are able to scroll between the batteries of your inventory and the one of your tool/ship. Then you have to press a key to replace it - and the bottom left part of that menu says it's not assigned.

In Short: The key to replace batteries is not assigned, the user is informed about that within the game, the reason is unknown, and no (obvious) way to (re)assign it.

Comments

• CriptCript Join Date: 2021-01-21 Member: 267055Members
    Same here, posted same problem 17 of January. Still have this problem, making it unable to play further
  • CytekCytek USA Join Date: 2021-01-21 Member: 267059Members
    edited January 2021
    [Subnautica Below Zero] - This is still an issue on experimental branch. Makes game unplayable unless your willing to re-craft all tools and devices when their battery runs out (including Sea Glide)
  • JesterSoftJesterSoft Ukraine Join Date: 2021-01-22 Member: 267081Members
    Same problem, is there a solution?
  • DracathioDracathio Join Date: 2021-01-24 Member: 267145Members
    I've had this problem as well, sent Feed Back just about Daily on it as well.

There's been TWO updates since the flood of feed back on this issue, still hasn't fixed it yet.

At least our Sea Trucks don't launch like slow torpedos when connecting our Prawn Suits... but no point in playing when batteries and power cells can't be taken out nor replaced. Specially those of us who use Ion Power Cells for our Trucks and Suits.
    Cript wrote: »
    Same here, posted same problem 17 of January. Still have this problem, making it unable to play further

The key in question is our Left Mouse button or Use function. Which somewhere down the line in a build, they deleted that line of code that made sure the mouse button / key assigned to Use no longer functioned for switching out batteries / power cells.
  • AndiproAndipro Germany Join Date: 2021-01-24 Member: 267156Members
    edited January 2021
    Same on build Experimental 41199. This bug make it impossible to test the experimental version further. It was already reported weeks ago!!
    edited January 2021
    7 or so updates and STILL NO FIX... come on fix this already...
  • guyish1guyish1 Join Date: 2021-01-16 Member: 266912Members
    I've had this problem since the beginning of January and reported it many times. around 10 updates later and nothing I can't remember when it started but it was definitely after 41300.
  • guyish1guyish1 Join Date: 2021-01-16 Member: 266912Members
    the game just had a 100MB update and still can't change batteries
  • annyxdannyxd Join Date: 2021-01-22 Member: 267098Members
    Fixed on BZ#41449

Search "SubnauticaSCM" on Twitter
  • CytekCytek USA Join Date: 2021-01-21 Member: 267059Members
    edited January 2021
    Fixed in current experimental ... just verified..!!!! Thank you Devs!!! Very much appreciated.
  • ExtaticaExtatica France Join Date: 2021-03-02 Member: 268042Members
    I had the same problem. Impossible to change the battery, no key assigned to do this anymore since the "Tiny update" of December 2020. Now with the "Seaworthy update" (EA13) of February 2021 this bug is fixed, but a new bug appears ! IMPOSSIBLE to choose a tool from my inventory and it's still the same problem : NO KEY ASSIGNED TO CHOOSE A TOOL. The "F" Key is not there anymore. As you can see on the screenshot attached with the seaglide for instance... (I play in French but the keys are the same) So I can't play anymore.
    I'm on MacOS Version Big Sur Version 11.2.2 - 2,6 Ghz Intel Core i7 / 16 Go RAM
    Sorry for my bad English and thanks if you could help me to get my "F" Key back again...