Some achievements not working properly

OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
So there are five achievements I've filled the requirements for without getting them. I have got all other achievements, some of them before filling the requirements for the locked achievements and others after filling the requirements for some of the locked achievements (not all, since two of them are the last two). Is this a more common issue or only happening to me and can I fix it?
A list of the achievements I've completed without receiving the achievement (spoilers):
  • Personal Propulsion
    construct a seamoth
  • Ordered the Prawn
    Build a Prawn suit
  • Follow the Lost River
    Find the Disease Research Facility
  • Leave Only Time Capsules
    Create and deploy a time capsule
  • Go Among the Stars
    Launch the neptune rocket

I did check these from the wiki, but only after I had finished the game and was wondering what five things could there possibly be that I haven't done. Turns out I had done all of them.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Only ones I have not received is Leave Only Time Capsules and Go Among the Stars. Achievements don't work if you are using console commands. If you used console commands for a specific play session, then save the game, and then quit to the Title Screen before loading up your save.

Personal Propulsion and Ordered the Prawn should work when you build another Prawn and Seamoth. Follow the Lost River might be a problem if it requires a certain terminal. You can create a new game, then type the following to get it. Which is why I saved before going into an Alien Base for the first time.
    oxygen
    item rebreather
    item highcapacitytank
    goto lostriverbase

Save the game, exit the game, then load the save of the new character.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    I hadn't used any console commands before entering the lost river facility, but the console had been enabled from the beginning without me even realizing it myself (thanks to another save). I noticed it was enabled when I tried to enable it, that was the first point I ever used the console. I used it to give me the orange artifact because I was too lazy to go get it from my base (45 m deep) and thrashed the one I already had later. The fact that I used the console to get to the facility would explain why I got that achievement, but I had earned achievements both before and after that both with the console enabled and disabled. This doesn't explain why I didn't get the PRAWN and Seamoth achievements, as I had never used the console before getting them, and while the console wasn't disabled I had gotten other achievements during the same period. As for the rocket and time capsule, I've noticed the game only gives you the achievements the next time you open it. It probably checks whether the conditions have been filled or not only then, and as the rocket launch isn't saved it probably can't detect it.
  • StratorStrator Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236760Members
    Hi,

I have completed game on survival and didint get 3 achievements.

The complete neptune one and launch it!
    Send the time capsule
    and hatching the cuddlefish

i did build the rocket and fill my timecapsule with stuff and picture and my cuddlefish was happily swimming in its alien tank thingy ^^

why no achievements :(
  • TheWaffleLeviathanTheWaffleLeviathan Somewhere in the oceans of planet 4546B Join Date: 2016-04-15 Member: 215785Members
    Strator wrote: »
    Hi,

I have completed game on survival and didint get 3 achievements.

The complete neptune one and launch it!
    Send the time capsule
    and hatching the cuddlefish

i did build the rocket and fill my timecapsule with stuff and picture and my cuddlefish was happily swimming in its alien tank thingy ^^

why no achievements :(

I believe for the Cuddlefish achievement you need to put the Cuddlefish outside. Do this by catching it in the alien containment and putting it in your inventory. Then go outside the base and drop it. You might need to play with it once or twice to get the achievement to work. Also make sure you haven't used any cheats in the play session.

For the other two achievements, I don't know. They didn't work for me either.
    The final two achievements seem to be bugged. Lots of people seem to be complaining about not getting them.
    edited February 2018
    I hadn't used any console commands before entering the lost river facility
    starkaos wrote: »
    The final two achievements seem to be bugged. Lots of people seem to be complaining about not getting them.

Yeah, as I said the game probably only checks for whether the conditions have been filled or not whenever you load the save, but since the rocket launch isn't saved the conditions are never filled when loading the game

edit: now it gave me the PRAWN and seamoth achievements immediately. Weird, every single other achievement has been given only the next time I played. Maybe they've changed it? Will try launching the rocket for the third time (and submitting the capsule for the second)
    Also the LR facility achievement was given immediately (I had confused the two LR facilities so I had actually never been to the correct facility, the achievement worked correctly). However, the rocket achievement still doesn't seem to work.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Someone in another thread had suggested that naming the capsule helps get the achievement, give it a try?
    narfblat wrote: »
    Someone in another thread had suggested that naming the capsule helps get the achievement, give it a try?

Wouldn't work since you need to name the capsule to progress in the game. Could be possible that your capsule has to be picked by the devs to get the achievement.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Another suggestion I've seen is to gather all materials for platform and rocket, make a save, and try until it works.
  • yveltalexyveltalex England Join Date: 2015-04-25 Member: 203817Members
    Hi, I have got all my achievements on a legitimate save (no cheats) but there are 3 achievments that wont unlock can anyone help? (SPOILERS)
    Thermal activity, Go Among the Stars, Leave Only Time Capsules
    Thermal Activity should have been rewarded since I doubt you missed the Thermal Plant due to it being the only location for the Blue Tablet to get into the Primary Containment Facility without using cheats or glitches. You could try going to the Thermal Plant again and if that doesn't work, then it requires using cheats if you don't want to play through the game again and get it legally. You can use my suggestion in my previous post with the spoiler except type goto lavacastlebase instead of goto lostriverbase on a new playthrough.

Go Among the Stars and Leave Only Time Capsules appears to be bugged.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Those last two are starting to get some numbers on Steam's global list, so they're working for somebody. Maybe only on experimental?
  • LaserFaceLaserFace USA Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221235Members
    starkaos wrote: »
    Thermal Activity should have been rewarded since I doubt you missed the Thermal Plant due to it being the only location for the Blue Tablet to get into the Primary Containment Facility without using cheats or glitches. You could try going to the Thermal Plant again and if that doesn't work, then it requires using cheats if you don't want to play through the game again and get it legally. You can use my suggestion in my previous post with the spoiler except type goto lavacastlebase instead of goto lostriverbase on a new playthrough.

Go Among the Stars and Leave Only Time Capsules appears to be bugged.
    Add another guy for "Welp I went in, did the plot things, turned on and used the portal, nothing" for Thermal plant.

I just skipped the disease reasearch lab entirely, drove my cyclops right past it since you don't need it. So unsure if that one still fires or not even after steam restarts

• logiboy123logiboy123 Australia Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237858Members
    edited February 2018
    Klinn wrote: »
    Those last two are starting to get some numbers on Steam's global list, so they're working for somebody. Maybe only on experimental?

I enabled beta for the game, it downloaded 250MB of data, when I finished the game with beta patches installed I got the achievements. When I say enabled beta, I mean in the properties of the game in the steam library.
  • EnderBoy9217EnderBoy9217 United States Join Date: 2020-09-12 Member: 263930Members
    To get the Termal Plant achievement you need to go to the entrance of the plant OUTSIDE OF ALL VEHICLES. Same thing with all of the other alien bases.

For the rocket achievements, I think that YOU CAN'T USE CONSOLE COMMANDS IN THE ENTIRE GAME!