Cyclops docking ... is now a reality.

EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
"No, not another topic about Cyclops docking, please!" you would think ... and you would be right. We have talked enough about the topic here and my last post regarding "Cyclops Docking" is a long time ago: CYCLOPS DOCKING STATION

Much better than just talking about it would of course be able to actually use it. OSubMarin from Nexus actually managed to make that happen. :smiley:

Features:
  • Contains a new component for the base with which a Cyclops can be docked to the base.
  • Offers 2 modes:
    • Automatic: The autopilot takes over the Cyclops and docks as soon as you are within range (adjustable, default: 13 m).
    • Manual: The autopilot can be started manually for docking with a key (adjustable, default: O). It even works from a distance.
  • The docking process is absolutely gentle in both modes, i.e. no jerky movements.
  • As soon as the docking process is finished, the engine of the Cyclops is automatically switched off.
  • The docking clips are animated and the docking tube is also extended a little (when docking) and retracted (when undocking). Corresponding noises can also be heard when the docking process or the undocking process are being carried out.
  • When the Cyclops is docked, you can of course go directly from the Cyclops to the base and vice versa.
  • When you undock from the base, the autopilot automatically drives the Cyclops back a little.
  • The batteries are charged automatically as soon as the Cyclops is docked. The charging rate is adjustable.
  • The current charge level of the Cyclops batteries is displayed in the base near the ladder to the docking ring.
  • Many things can be set directly in the QMod menu in the game.

Official mod banner:
xeh55p7bsdrw.jpg
Official mod banner - zoomed:
tlz3v9mh6zvp.jpg
Inside a base:
xjyodjraihpb.jpg
Below docking tube:
kdbngdw6qib1.jpg
QMod menu - Cyclops Docking section:
099w0vzrx738.jpg

A short video from BumblebeeTuna demonstrates the mod:

And "Cyclops Docking Mod" from OSubMarin is available here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/554

The mod was designed with a lot of love for the details and so the Cyclops Docking Mod fits in perfectly with the game. With this mod we now have the same comfort with the Cyclops as with the Seamoth / Prawn suit and the Moonpool: docking, switching directly to the base / vehicle, charging the batteries. And for all vehicles there is an autopilot that does the docking / undocking. This now results in a harmonious overall concept for the 3 vehicles at Subnautica.

Finally I don't get my feet wet when I come home in the evening and park my Cyclops in the yard. Less time drying clothes, more time for the family. ^^

Comments