Subnautica biome change ideas (Dead zone)

ToxikatToxikat TN Join Date: 2020-09-01 Member: 263720Members
I am a HUGE fan of the original Subnautica, but I think that some things might need some updates/changes, like some biomes, which feel rather empty, or do not have a unique biodiversity that suits their area.

One example of this is the Dead Zone (or Crater Edge) which is used as the world border, and consists of a VERY deep pit and about 3 adult Ghost Leviathans.

GARGANTUAN LEVIATHAN: (first change).

A interesting change would be to replace the 3 Ghost Leviathans with none other than a still-living Gargantuan Leviathan (the skeleton/fossil of which can be found in the Lost River) and hunt down any players trying to get down there (like the Ghost Leviathans do).

The reason that this works is that the PDA states that the GL (Gargantuan Leviathan) is too big to fit in the lost river, and likely got stuck due to the caves being so small, and the official wiki even states: “The size of the creature would have restricted it to live almost entirely in the Dead Zone as an adult. As little is known of life outside of the crater”. The PDA also says that it seems someone (most likely the Precursors) have taken samples, which brings us to the next change I would like to see.

UNMARKED PRECURSOR BASE: (second change).

The second and last (for now) change I would like to see is a unmarked Precursor base hidden in one part of the Dead Zone, probably somewhere before the first drop off (cliff) before it plunges to 8192 meters (when you respawn) but anyway, there may need to be some sort of indication that the base is there, such as alien lamps at the edge of the map, And the base itself would have put there to study the GL living in the area, with data downloads, and maybe a few specimens of baby/juvenile GL, as well. (And ion cubes, always ion cubes).

That’s all the ideas I have for now, i’ll come up with more biome and general changes soon! ?

Comments