Game crashing on startup - Mac - Epic Game Store

SebMacSebMac UK Join Date: 2020-04-12 Member: 259948Members
edited May 2020 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hi guys, I'm really seeking some help here.

I used to be able to play Subnautica flawlessly on the Epic Games Launcher but when I started it up a few months ago it crashes before starting up. Occasionally my screen goes black with the cursor showing before the application eventually closes on itself.

-I have reinstalled the game 4 times.

-Reinstalled Epic Games Launcher.

-Restarted my Macbook pro multiple times.

-Verified the game.

-Contacted Epic Games support team to which they said it wasn't an issue on their end.

My computer specs: - Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1 (18B75) -2015 15" Macbook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

If anyone has seen this issue before or has an idea of how to solve it I'd really appreciate it because it feels like I've exhausted everything so far.

Cheers

Comments

• Yeetus_DeletusYeetus_Deletus Join Date: 2020-05-29 Member: 261463Members
    are u sure you dont have any parental controls on your computer? if so, then it can close it. if not, then maybe its out of date or something
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    There was a major update in early November, seemed to cause some Mac issues. It was called the "Big Little Update" or something like that. If it fits the timeline, I can try to find the forum thread for the update.