Rethinking the quantum locker

Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
edited April 2020 in Ideas and Suggestions
Honestly as cool as it is I think the quantum locker is kind of game breaking,, if you build one you can put anything you want inside, and then just bring the ingredients to build another one any time you go out and instantly have access to all of that stuff, it makes inventory management completely pointless for exploratory journeys and makes the sea truck storage compartment basically useless.

Comments

• darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    edited April 2020
    They implemented this because the SeaTruck isn't working above sea level and the SnowFox has no storage compartment. So you're quite limited in how much you can carry with you. To add a fast travel everywhere (tether tool) isn't such a great idea due to how the game loads & caches the environment.

The quantum locker could therefore be seen as a detachable SnowFox storage upgrade with fast travel capabilities.

I for one would have preferred something different as well but the locker is easy to implement and it's a nice word play of 'quantum locked'.
  • SSukeSSuke USA Join Date: 2019-07-30 Member: 254013Members
    edited April 2020
    Disagree. It already takes up 2x2 of your paperdoll, so it only provides 12 additional units of storage. That's not big enough to make it game breaking. It's the equivalent of expanding your paperdoll inventory by 12 slots.

Edit: I suppose you could build one at each location, but that's costly and time consuming instead of just carrying it with you. And that only saves 4 slots of space. Not worth it. (What is game breaking is the Waterproof Locker bug, but that's an exploitable bug.)