[BUG] Subnautica [Experimental] map bug - non repairable electrical box on wreck

cybotcybot Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225670Members
Subnautica Version: 62240
Description - the electrical box on the wreck at this location is not able to be repaired, blocking access to the wreck.
Reproduction steps:

visit the wreck at the following co-ordinates : 391.5, -15.1, -191.5
attempts to use repair gun to repair to repair electrical box to open door fails. box does not respond to attempts to be repair. progression into wreck is blocked.

fdgmtnja8ltk.jpg

Comments

• cybotcybot Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225670Members
    deleting the files baked-objects-15-18-11.txt and batch-objects-15-18-11.txt from the affected save file will correct the issue, but the issue appears to be occurring with new games by defaullt
  • SamhornsSamhorns WA Join Date: 2020-03-10 Member: 258652Members
    OMG the original post was from 2016 and this bug is STILL in there. cybot you are awesome, the fix worked perfectly. Sad we still have to manually fix by deleting files over 3 years later though WTH already :P Anyway since I had to find my save files too, here for future reference cut and paste from another post: "C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames\slot0000 in your case <user_name> will be your user name on windows, you will also need to enable "show hidden files" or "show hidden" on the "view" tab of your file explorer (thing that you brows your PC with). On mac it is should be something like ~/Library/Unkown worlds/Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames\slot0000 , where library can be just searched for in launcher."
  • Sneal92Sneal92 Join Date: 2020-03-12 Member: 258685Members
    Can anyone help me - I have the maintenance request on rocket island but when I go there nothing is there- no radio tower no rocket nothing at all just the base where the habitat tool is. I have the laser cutter etc but cant carry on with the story due to this. Any help would be great as I don't want to start a new game!!
  • cybotcybot Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225670Members
    this post was made back when SN was still in beta, if you are having an issue with BZ i suggest you make a new thread for that, not try to revive an old dead thread for a different game
  • finnianrfinnianr Ireland Join Date: 2020-06-08 Member: 261712Members
    edited June 2020
    Bug is still present in version May-2020 65011, I will post a link to video later. I assume this is the same location near base of the Aurora (where the engines ares)