Pets, Splicing, and more!

SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
Hey guys, what if we were able to make the 3 sharks into more permant pets, what if we were able to domesticate fish, and what if we were able use DNA to enhance our pets to do certain things. Such as glowing pink bone sharks, or adding cybord parts to stalkers to allow them to pull in metal using propulsion cannon parts? Or making a better fish tank to keep all sorts of things like those little ray looking things, or even apprehend crashes or belleder or the like for decoration. Maybe on of the big things you could do if you such thing as a master is attempt to tame a reaper or emporer. Breeding and things would be included too. If there were ever a multiplayer mode, you could bigger, bladder skirmishes using packs of bone sharks (since they're my favorite enemy.) This is the tip of the iceberg! Tel me what you think, give more ideas. I mean really, who doesn't want to have a pet bone or sandshark, or a fish tank with cool stuff eh? PR ride a feedback or reaper into the sunset.

Comments

• KiiroThePikachuKiiroThePikachu TX Join Date: 2015-07-31 Member: 206595Members
    That'd be amazing for Subnatutica development to do but it wouldn't be quite too stable I feel, as it could interfere with other codes and scripts and might cause crashes or other glitches. It'd be quite amazing to have a pet though in Subnautica~ ^^ i'm totally up for this idea~
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Stalkers seem like the only intelligent species, at least so far.

I'd like to be able to permanently tame them, use them as guard dogs or assistance in gathering things, or even transport.

Like you could make a collar or something, and then normally tame a Stalker. While the stalker is being all nice and helpful, you slap the collar on it, and get to name it, and it'll follow you around, defend you from predators, retrieve scrap metal and titanium chunks and such, and swim around outside your base and guard it from other creatures. You could even grab onto the collar, and have them act as biological SeaGlides.

Though they'd need to be fed and taken care of, just like you.

Kind of like a dog, but also a fish.
  • SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
    I agree. I think something akin to a collar would be nice. I also think the revs could probably make the other 2 sharks more intelligent as well. Imagine a sand shark with terraformer or repulsion cannon parts so it can dig better. Or a bone shark with reaper DNA that allows it to have facial claws like a reaper. Or a stalker that can dig like a sand shark to bury and keep safe metal. Or a sand shark with jellyray DNA that allows it to glow better. Imagine a module that you could attach to a reefback. Like a smaller version of the sea base observatory that would allow you to rode around on it without drowning. Or a saddle for a reaper so you can ride, as well as bags to carry cargo, or you can have it guard your base. Imagine an aquarium that could hold any small fish. Or maybe making pets out of those little manta ray things.
  • basecom35basecom35 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206916Members
    It would be cool if you could have like a dog inside but if the base filled up it would be unconscious and you could add like doggie doors to the bulk heads so the dog can run away from the water
  • nmgamer7nmgamer7 Join Date: 2020-02-26 Member: 258295Members
    What about something new like a pen for everything and you could tame shadows and stuff
  • LacnageLacnage Join Date: 2020-03-08 Member: 258601Members
    Oh my god yes but like aqatic ones like fins special abilities they could be part of precursor lore