My love for this game

rawmacgyverrawmacgyver Join Date: 2019-12-18 Member: 256524Members
I remember it clearly, I was sick and at home a few days. The game was free a short while on epic games and I love underwater games. Usually I never play singleplayer games since I'm a huge fan of social and competative gaming.
But Subnautica changed all of that. The graphics, the music, the exploration, my fear of the unknown underwater, the seamoth, my little base. I wanted so bad to finish the game and save myself when no one else could. But I also knew that if I did, my journey would come to an end..
Never before have I wished so hard for someone to steal my memories and let me experience the child like wonder of exploration a new world again. The peace of swimming in shallow waters, gathering stuff for my base with a beautiful view and the expectant joy/fear of searching a new area for new things to discover are something I cannot justly explain to the people I recommend this game to.

I was so stoked when I heard about subnautica below zero and I have already played through the several stages of completion in early access.

I don't care about the prize, continue to make more subnautica and you have a customer for life! I would seriously pay a monthly fee on a updating living world with more to explore if this was that kind of game.
It's beautiful! Thank you for this game, please do remind each other that what you are making make at least one of your customers/fans giddy like he has not been since christmas when he was 8 years old :)

Comments

• inwaterinairinwaterinair Sweden Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248730Members
    I feel exactly the same. Couldn't bring it over me to leave with the rocket even though it was standing there... DLC's for the original Subnautica would be great, maybe expand the world with new areas? Below Zero is wonderful, too. Thanks, guys!
  • xiowavedxiowaved vallejo Join Date: 2019-12-20 Member: 256602Members
    Same
    I've honestly never been a big fan of video games, but this game felt like all my scifi dreams combined. I was a huge fan of the dragonriders of pern growing up, and this is the first piece of media I ever felt came close in terms of enrapture and wonder. I've played around 200 hours so far, more than any other video games I've ever played combined tbh. The mechanics were so much fun, and my weird ass avoidant play style works great for sidestepping monsters and finding bizarre new things. I love everything that's been put into this game. It's gotten me through some of the hardest parts of my academic career, and I'm so thankful for the love that was put into it.