Back playing after a long hiatus...

Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69939Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
...and I have been having a blast. It is so great to see the game is still actively developed.

Thanks UWE!
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his llife.
NordicKasharicYojimbo

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,665 Advanced user
    Welcome back
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    Nordic
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members Posts: 69 Advanced user
    Welcome back and nice that you enjoy. I think i remember you and for some reason i have always wanted to share this awesome music with you B)
    http://www.mikseri.net/artists/parada-de-la-marea/wombats-next-five-minutes/222628/

Dont be afraid of the link. Its finnish amateur music site. Legit.
    Where it all began...? Gloom
    Nordic