UPDATE 330 - HOTFIX - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond Posts: 466 vanilla
edited September 27 in NS2 General Discussion

imageUPDATE 330 - HOTFIX - Natural Selection 2

Thank you for all the feedback on Update 329. This hotfix should serve to improve your experience. A note to our Linux users; Although we no longer directly support a...

Read the full story here

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 758 Advanced user
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,771 Advanced user
    That is a big hot fix.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Nintendows
  • RustyRusty Canada Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185850Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver Posts: 65 Advanced user
    edited September 27
    Thanks for all the hotfixes! It's great to see fast fixes after an update as big as 329. Things seem smooth. Just hope it helps users not crash so much. I'm getting a lot of messages from users about it. Same thing happens with me, ( And I have always used DX11 ). But I seem to crash every other day since 329. Also no "sending error report" dialogue pops up. It just crashes to desktop.
    DiamondGamers.net
    A Rich Gaming Experience.
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 57 Advanced user
    jeaqj7bhrgdf.png

This is still in the game. Both, the missing name and the typo.
    Kopunga der Horror aus der Dose!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 959 Advanced user
    entrace is the new word now. Boris Johnson put it through while the parlament was on break.
    return to zero
    Nordic
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 57 Advanced user
    Mephilles wrote: »
    entrace is the new word now. Boris Johnson put it through while the parlament was on break.

And I guess "Tip" then just is british English for "Consume"?
    Kopunga der Horror aus der Dose!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,665 Advanced user
    It's canon now
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    Nintendows
  • XaleXale Paris / France Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24767Members Posts: 154 Advanced user
    I don't know who is the dev behind NS2 but he makes an awesome job.
    Old NS1.0 player (JP/HMG for the win)
    Mapper (de_mangashop for CS1.6 / CSS / CS:GO )
    ns2_hera2018 : https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/155092/ns2-hera2018
    ns2_nancy2019 : https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/155726/ns2-nancy2019
    ns2_nancy_veil : https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/155851/ns2-nancy-veil