Snowfox motion sickness

elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
So I just started playing again recently, and the other day got the Snowfox for the first time but I was only riding it for a minute or two before I got really bad motion sickness. The jumping and weaving and looking back and forth were a perfect storm to make me feel really ill.

A couple of days later and I tried it again on smoother terrain and it was a bit better, but after about 15 minutes I couldn't play anymore because I felt so bad.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Comments

• JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    No, the game is in early access so im not surprised about the motion sickness, the snowfox does seem a bit "sensitive"
  • FalconburgerFalconburger Australia Join Date: 2021-02-11 Member: 267634Members
    I agree elfcrisis. As someone who occasionally suffers motion sickness in games (maybe one in 30 fps games) its usually down to the engine. In this case i think its the rubberband like movement of your pov vs the actual snowfox turning speed. I'd like to see an on off button for that effect. The rest of the vehicles do it to a small degree and that doesn't affect me but 30 seconds on the snowfox and i have to get out and walk!
  • Smoke3723Smoke3723 AU Join Date: 2021-03-02 Member: 268043Members
    My first playthrough I tried the Snowfox, but the motion sickness was so bad I gave up. I wasn't even looking around that much: the Snowfox remains at the same altitude for every wrinkle in the terrain, leading to it bouncing up and down like a basketball. I'll admit to being particularly prone to sea & motion sickness, but I've never had it as bad as on the Snowfox. Now I use the Prawn Suit when doing the Glacial Basin & Arctic Spires. Slow but fully armoured and no motion sickness.
  • inwaterinairinwaterinair Sweden Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248730Members
    I've tried the snowfox several times, always hoping that an update would reduce this motion-sickness inducing behavior - it never did and I gave up on the snowfox, because it gets really bad for me after a very short time riding the damn thing. The prawn is much better suited for the surface, anyway :-)