XBOX:Horrendous loading times since last update

MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
Since the last patch the loading times for the Xbox version have been horrendous. So have the save times too.

Especially if the console has been cold booted from energy saving mode it will go to the loading screen and say loading level... for ages. During this time there is no HDD activity.

Eventually it will start loading as normal with the percentages etc. But it's extremely annoying waiting a couple of minutes before the game even starts reading the HDD.

It doesn't matter if the game is on an external SSD or HDD it gets stuck on the loading level screen for ages with no HDD/SSD activity.

Sometimes it takes so long I have to quit out and fully shut the game down on the dashboard then reload to get it working. It's worse after the console has been cold booted from energy saving mode although it's still bad when using instant on.

I have access to a ps4 and subnautica on that too and there is a massive difference in loading times. Not only does the base ps4 not get stuck on the loading level screen for ages but it saves faster too.

When a base ps4 loads and saves the game faster than an xbox one X with an SSD then there is something seriously wrong with the game.

It seems the further towards the endgame I get the longer it gets stuck on the loading level screen. I fear that if it keeps getting worse it will get to the point where the game wont load at all when I get closer to the end.

This bug is potentially game breaking and needs fixing urgently.

Comments

• RockaBen99RockaBen99 Join Date: 2019-03-26 Member: 251971Members
    Yeah, the loading times are slow. Very slow. They're also bad ingame (when actually playing).
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Yeah even with an SSD i'm finding sometimes the environment just can't load fast enough and I literally have to wait for it to load in otherwise I end up outside the game world
  • CneqCneq Join Date: 2019-05-18 Member: 252929Members
    Just bought this game a few days ago and I'm having the same issues. Had to hard reset my xbox due to closing the game when it got stuck on saving and failing to launch again, and also the game is having game breaking rendering issues. Is this going to be fixed or what? I honestly find it pretty irritating a game that has "officially" launched and has been in development for 2+ years is this broken right now