Water surface clipping through my base (PS4)

BinaryAbyssBinaryAbyss Join Date: 2019-03-07 Member: 251561Members Posts: 19 Advanced user
Pretty much exactly what it sounds like. If I make my base tall enough to reach/go past the surface of the water, it clips through and makes my base look flooded, on top of screwing up my frame rate as well. I know for a fact this is not supposed to happen because I've seen videos of PC players able to build their bases up to the surface, and the water stays outside.

I managed to work around this by using vertical connectors to go past the surface, but I would prefer to have the freedom of being able to see the water lap at my windows without clipping through.
Insert obscure inspirational quote of unknown origin here.

Comments

• madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead Posts: 139 admin
    I was just looking into this because I was checking into another issue with a similar setup, I noticed that in some circumstances the water is not draining out of the room. One work around I discovered was building staircases down/up it seemed to instantly fix that issue. Were your bases with the water flowing through them all stacked all-purpose rooms? or were any on stilts above the shallows? I'm only noticing the issue with stacked bases.
    Near Lethal Damage
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members Posts: 89 Advanced user
    I recall it happened to me quite often with the lifepod in the beginning of the game. But I havn't been to the lifepod in a long time now so couldn't comment on it now with re-exploring the details. Not sure if it is the same thing or not. And none of my base goes above water either so the lifepod is the only time I saw it. Hope that helps...
    If its Half Evil, It cant be all Bad...
  • BinaryAbyssBinaryAbyss Join Date: 2019-03-07 Member: 251561Members Posts: 19 Advanced user
    edited April 29
    @madsauce it is not just with stacked multipurpose rooms - it is with anything that penetrates the surface of the water. I did work around this using the stilts, so that I don't have to deal with it in my large rooms, but looking up/down through the long column of stilts, you can still see the water clipping through them.

I just would like to be able to have parts of my base that only partially breach the surface without water clipping through.
    Insert obscure inspirational quote of unknown origin here.