327 sucks

555555 pennsylvania Join Date: 2016-09-16 Member: 222356Members Posts: 13 Fully active user
edited April 24 in NS2 General Discussion
playing ns_veil without gorge tunnels to skylights/topo is the most boring experience ever now, what used to be my favorite map is really lame

edit: also the yellow parasite circle being removed (bug??) is really annoying

edit2: unearthed feels really good to play, but most of the map is too dark for marines (by design?)

the buff to shotguns feels excessive, it feels impossible to kill a shotgun marine with a skulk now
Post edited by 555 on

Comments

• ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 635 Advanced user
    edited April 23
    Yeah I miss the excitement of tunnel rushes incessantly and never ending. Could've done it for another 5 years. Sad times.
    Post edited by Scatter on
    NordicVetinariKasharicBeigeAlert
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,737 Advanced user
    Hey look, a third thread discussing 327
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Kasharic
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,620 Advanced user
    edited April 23
    NO WAY, YOU SUCK!
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    Kasharic
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 856 Advanced user
    Nordic wrote: »
    Hey look, a third thread discussing 327

Yeah, but this one sucks x)
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!
    Kasharic
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members Posts: 141 Advanced user
    give it a week or two but the situation looks grim. If you change too much you get a bastard.
This discussion has been closed.