[Bug] Bladderfish extinction [Below Zero 11193]

JimboJamboJimboJambo Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235708Members
Day 46: The addition of the battery charger and sea truck that came with upgrading my base to version 11193 have been godsends. However, since the update, I have not seen a single bladderfish, even in areas where I had previously found dozens.

I have gone through my supply of bottled water and an currently subsisting largely on creepvine seeds, but they taste like rubber and are somewhat hard to come by. Although I have not made long-term observations of the effects of seed harvesting on the plant, I suspect that, like most things here, they are finite and so will become even more scarce with time until I can find a way to cultivate them myself.

In other news, the table coral I collected has disappeared from storage yet again. At least it is still possible to find it out in the ocean, unlike the bladderfish, which remains elusive days after the update.

I am beginning to confront the very real possibility that I might die on this planet. If nothing changes, dehydration will claim me long before the cold ever does, and all the DeepArcticResource in the world won't help me. "Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink."

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @madsauce is this the same bug that was happening in regular Subnautica?
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members
    I was wondering the same thing. It may not be identical because its a separate game but perhaps a similar trigger mechanism. If it is then it may be easier to locate and fix the bug. Or maybe its a remnant of the same bug in Subnautica that was transferred over. @narfblat But your right, if it is connected @madsauce just prepared a fix for Subnautica so he would be the best person to ask about this one too.