Subnautica Lore Theories

2»

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The cuddlefish egg in the precursor base is not in the same facility as the one the Warpers were made in. The cuddlefish egg is in a small lab. While the base the warpers were built at is destroyed and a lot bigger.
    The bases are just next to each other. Also if the Cuddlefish was used to make the Warper then the PDA would have noticed that. Also Warpers are not naitive to the planet.

As for the other reply. While it may be
    possible for other ships to have crashed on the planet. We know that all the titanium chunks were from the Aurora as scanning them says they are from the Aurora.
  • vuatsonvuatson Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251649Members
    Whoops, forgot about that. I visited those two facilities one right after the other and they blurred together a bit. Still, the two facilities were connected, and I still think the cuddlefish egg being down there could have some significance.

Also I always assumed the genetic differences in the Warpers were caused by the Precursors’ manipulation, bending the genome of a native species into something unrecognizable. Was there ever actual confirmation that they definitely came from offplanet? Even if the PDA said they did, it could have been making a flawed assumption based on the limited information available to it.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I looked into it a bit further
    The warper is made of multiple different animal parts that came from off world. Despite that. The precursors put some genetic material from life forms on planet 4546b, presumably so the warper can function on the planet correctly. Despite that, majority of the warper is just a bunch of off world creatures
  • vuatsonvuatson Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251649Members
    I see... ah well, goodbye pet theory. At least I can still headcanon that there’s a bit of cuddlefish in there somewhere.
  • Fluid CoreFluid Core Join Date: 2007-12-26 Member: 63260Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have a pet theory that Subnautica and Natural Selection are connected. Maybe the bacterium is what evolved into the Khaara (or maybe the precursors used the planet to try and find a cure to the Khaara). It would make their universe deeper and is a good way to add interest in the other game when they make the relaunch of next version of Natural Selection.
  • Fluid CoreFluid Core Join Date: 2007-12-26 Member: 63260Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Fluid Core
    ayq1majlzcwd.jpg
    According to the wikia

Ohh, I didn't know that. Nice to see that the two are connected! Certainly can bring up many potential exploration possibilities for interaction between the games (discovering the origin of the Kharaa etc.)
  • godanubizgodanubiz Join Date: 2020-07-27 Member: 262805Members
    That's MY theory about Leviathan-gargantuan and if don't want to read, there is video on YouTube based on my script.
  • OctonautOctonaut Join Date: 2020-07-29 Member: 262856Members
    I think there are still bigger leviathans out there, not just in the void areas, but underground as well.
    I won't go as far as the hollow earth crazy stuff, but I reckon there are massive caverns in this world where many leviathans live. Mostly all filled with water, akin to the Inactive Lava Zone which houses two Dragons, just a lot deeper.
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    Hi everyone, I'm new here, do you have any updates in this game?