Radiation glitch?

BinaryAbyssBinaryAbyss Join Date: 2019-03-07 Member: 251561Members
Completed the story once. Started a new file, this time with a much better sense of what I'm doing. I get to the Aurora to fix the leaks, seal up all the holes. I get no notification that the radiation is dissipating, and when I take my suit off, I start feeling the effects of radiation still. I looked all around the room for a missed leak (keeping an eye out for the signature falling sparks that usually denote where a breach is located), and I can't find anything. As far as I know, I have fully repaired the drive core, but I'm still feeling the effects of radiation.

Is this intentional? Does it take a while (in game time) for the radiation to fully dissipate? Or should I be able to move about the Aurora (and the areas around it) without any fear of cooking from the inside out?

I just really want to be able to switch to my rebreather. I hate having to put up with the deep-diving oxygen penalties. :/

Comments

• CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    It does not dissipate straight away. It takes several days.
  • BinaryAbyssBinaryAbyss Join Date: 2019-03-07 Member: 251561Members
    Cochonou wrote: »

Good to know! Fortunately I've already found Lifepods 4 and 6, so I'll just avoid that general area for now. I would prefer to save my oxygen over wearing the radiation helmet all the time! I do still wish it actually logged it in my PDA that I successfully plugged all the holes, so that I didn't waste two unnecessary return trips to the Aurora.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    There should have been at least an audio message for fixing the leaks, and when you fix a leak there is a counter for leaks remaining. Do another check for leaks, as they can be really sneaky.
    narfblat wrote: »
    There should have been at least an audio message for fixing the leaks, and when you fix a leak there is a counter for leaks remaining. Do another check for leaks, as they can be really sneaky.

There is a counter, but it only pops up onscreen for two seconds, and doesn't get logged in the PDA. I checked the entire area three times over, and I know for a fact that the breaches always shoot sparks out. I saw none.

There probably was an audio message telling me I fixed them all, but I just wasn't paying attention in that particular moment.

On that note, it only makes sense that the radiation doesn't disappear right away. Makes the game more realistic. I'm just spoiled ?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Try the fixleaks command.
    narfblat wrote: »
    Try the fixleaks command.

I'm pretty sure at this point that it's a natural part of the game, but even if it weren't, I wouldn't be able to fix it using commands because I play it on PS4 :p
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    edited March 2019
    Cochonou wrote: »

Not straight away? Wadda you talking about? @BinaryAbyss, this is an issue, the radiation is supposed to dissipate within a minute to thirty seconds, at least that's how long it took me, like 43 seconds and the message popped up. And on another game, the message popped up as soon as i finished fixing the core, all leaks fixed, radiation dissipating.
    @AC_AwesomeCraft The radiation begins dissipating then, but it should take several days. Have you tried removing radiation suit in that area?
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    I removed the radiation suit nearly as soon as it was fixed, about half way through the ship is when i remembered to take it off for the rebreather @narfblat.
    I removed the radiation suit nearly as soon as it was fixed, about half way through the ship is when i remembered to take it off for the rebreather @narfblat.

or it was when i received the message, one of the two, but i think now it was when i got the message. That is when i took the suit off. The second time, you know, when the message came up right away, radiation hit me for almost a second, but after i'd say 69 milliseconds it was gone and i was good to go.