Sea truck upgrades and modules

RuinsageRuinsage Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250762Members
The current model with modules that have next to no functionality compared to their size is quite underwhelming. I was pretty surprised to see the craft module actually consist of an empty module with a single crafting station on the wall..

Instead, one could make empty modules with 2-4 upgrade slots each, which could then be set to be either storage, energy production, fish gathering etc.

Comments

• BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members
    I was thinking about this as well. The storage module is, well, underwhelming with regards to storage.
    I think the problem is that those storage modules are more "physically" realistic, than lockers from the original game. But even our survival pod in both games seems to have larger storage capacity.

- At the very least, (i had a similar suggestion for the cyclops), a small slot for a battery/power cell.
    - Now I did see the "charging" base platform recipe, in creative, I have not experimented if the carriages are powered when parked on the base-charging-platforms. (I assumed it's for the cab/prawnsuit/snowfox)

A compartment with power has oxygen-production.

An individual or group of compartments with their own independent power source, without the need of the cab power them,
    could act as a base.
    This then frees up the cab to go out and explore some narrow areas.....

Similar to Players Classic Outpost construction:
    Tube-compartment or X-compartment with Solar panels,
    with the sole purpose of replenishing your meters (air, water, food, health) and storing your finds. Eventually putting facilities, fabricator, radio, first aid, and extending with moonpool for vehicle shelter.

Extending the power-cell/battery idea for the carriages,
    micro thrusters per module that could be "powered" by additional upgrades/power cell.
    So the decrease in power and manoeuvrability is not slammed, just because you don't have an engine-upgrade module.