Helicopter

Turtleking55Turtleking55 Sweden Join Date: 2019-02-11 Member: 250825Members
I know that many people wouldnt like this idea but i like it.
I think it would be great to have a small helicopter to fly beetween bases if they are over the water.
Would you like this in subnautica below zero.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I'm sure we would all "like" this, but fact is the game isn't made to be played in the air. It wouldn't exactly be a useful addition and possibly bring along the necessary headaches for the devs. (There was a semi-plan for a jetpack once, though, and I still kind of hold hope, but I also understand that it just might not work with the game.)
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    edited February 2019
    2ae9cz9omyom.jpg
    its a good idea but have you seen what happens when a helicopter flies during a snowstorm
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    I'm sure we would all "like" this, but fact is the game isn't made to be played in the air. It wouldn't exactly be a useful addition and possibly bring along the necessary headaches for the devs. (There was a semi-plan for a jetpack once, though, and I still kind of hold hope, but I also understand that it just might not work with the game.)

A better solution would to be to implement the buildable teleporters so you can just jump between bases. Last I heard about them they were working on one for the Sea Truck (Sea Truck Teleporter Module?) but then someone else pointed out they were on a Cut Candidate page?? D:
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    there are actual build able teleporters in the game but you can only use them in creative (so far) as well for the sea truck
    but it doesn't work :#
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    edited February 2019
    there are actual build able teleporters in the game but you can only use them in creative (so far) as well for the sea truck
    but it doesn't work :#
    Well, the teleporters do work... at least for me. But you have to build a pair of them ;)

I don't really like the idea of helicopters. They aren't SciFi enough for my taste (which includes the mobile vehicle station drones).

That's why I like the snowfox. It seems to use an anti-grav effect instead. And there might be a chance, the snowfox will be able to hover over water as well.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    A better solution would to be to implement the buildable teleporters so you can just jump between bases. Last I heard about them they were working on one for the Sea Truck (Sea Truck Teleporter Module?) but then someone else pointed out they were on a Cut Candidate page?? D:

Totes! I was just thinking more of the flying aspect than the transport aspect. If I understand the wiki correctly, the sea truck module is still going some manner of strong, but the fate of base phasegates is still unknown. I'd be disappointed if phasegates won't be a thing. Those and those energy gates that keep the water out but let you through are the two pieces of precursor tech I most want.

Though to retread the topic of flight, one thing I would like is for scanner room drones to become flight capable. My main purpose for them once I have the chip is to take pictures and there's enough on the surface I'd like to capture as well. Module would be my ideal to keep it gameplay-related, but that would require a fundamental change in either the nature of drones or the way scanner rooms interact with drones.
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    edited February 2019
    I don't like the idea of teleporters. But I absolutely love the idea of cameras being able to hover. That's because a significant part of Below Zero will be above sea level.

The reason I don't like teleporters is because some inconveniences are an important part of the game. And the need to travel from point A to point B - even multiple times - is IMO such a thing that defines Subnautica.

F.e. if you could sneak past a leviathan, it kind of takes away the tension if you would never have to pass by it again, just by building a teleporter. Likewise, travelling increases the chances that you'll encounter something new. Maybe you discover a cave or fragment you've missed, or you see this part of the map during nighttime for the first time, etc.

And in regard of relocating resources from one base to another: Maybe it might be better if the game would rather support you in finding & using the resources near the new base...

• UbensteinUbenstein Houston, Texas Join Date: 2019-02-22 Member: 251210Members
    edited February 2019
    Did you know that you can actually fly already in subnautica? I was too scared to play this game in the given fashion so I stopped & started developing prawn suit techniques :P

In summary, I have taken accidental moments of wtf was that and turned it into a well-oiled-machine of I go where I want, when I want, as fast as I want. [10/10]

I believe that others would benefit from hearing or at least seeing these ...moves? err I believe that knowing that they are possible can & will change the way you build, the way you play and deepen your ability to feel like more than a constant victim to terror on 4546b.

Instead of posting a million videos, i'll first try out my latest "Prawn Suit Public Service Announcement"

This badboy is by far my most successful video to date, please enjoy :P ( if you haven't yet acquired the PRAWN SUIT, please, save yourself the joy of self exploration) [don't watch till you're more experienced]

PSA PRAWN - Flight

IF this video is something you're interested in learning how to recreate either in building style or in actual game-play, reach out to me here!

i'm preparing videos to explain all of that at an accelerated rate so everyone can get started.

Cheers