SPOILER WARNING Bug or wrong item? Acces to "Lava-castle"

GoogleGopleGoogleGople Copenhagen Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250872Members
SPOILER WARNING

I wen't into the 'lava-castle' -the alien base at 1451 meters depth. I had left my Prawn suit with the first depth upgrade around 1200 meters down and swam the rest of the way down to the base. Past the huge octopus lizard monster. The gate was open and I ran in without activating the door. I scanned everything and left again without using any of the portals. Now I can't get in again. There's a green "forcefield" and a stool that opens up with an opening for a tablet. I have several in my inventory -the ones with the purple symbol. I go to the stool and hit A. Nothing happens. I can't drop the tablets from my inventory or set them to the 'ready-at-hand-menu'.

Is this a bug that has been triggered by me going into the base at first and then leaving where I came in without going through any of the portals?

I read somewhere about being able to make a 'blue-tablet'? I don't have that option on my tablet.

I have tried to find the answer in the forums, by google and on YouTube but I keep having things spoiled for me, so if anybody could answer this pecific I would be overcome with joy.

Thankyou in advance. I love this game more than anything in the whole world
and I'm not kidding.

Comments

• JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
    Thats the PCF, not the lava castle, the lava castle is the rock structure in the chamber above that one, inside it is the thermal plant, which has a blue tablet
  • GoogleGopleGoogleGople Copenhagen Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250872Members
    JustAHat wrote: »
    Thats the PCF, not the lava castle, the lava castle is the rock structure in the chamber above that one, inside it is the thermal plant, which has a blue tablet

PCF? PrisonCenterFacility?
    The one I'm talking about had a chamber full of eggs, a dead octopus-humanoid foster and some sort of water-tube facility in two storeys.
    Is the PCF a room in the building I'm talking about, or is it on a entirely different level/room of the "lava-land" area?
  • GoogleGopleGoogleGople Copenhagen Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250872Members
    JustAHat wrote: »

Got it! Thanks a ton man. You saved my day :)
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    edited February 2019
    (PS) PCF stands for primary containment facility LOL
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    Yes, the whole thing was badly designed by the developers!

In fact, they placed the energy generation facility ABOVE the containment facility.
    So if you're at the large lava lake, you're already too deep.

You'll find the blue key in a base hidden inside a mountain right below the lost river. There are only two small doorways to get into the mountain... and none of the doorways make sense (i.e. they lead through a cave system).

If you dive deeper and get the giant lava lake, you're at the containment facility... where you'll find what is contained there >_>.
    Somehow, the aliens thought that a giant lava lake makes a good place for a zoo, and a hidden mountain above this lake would be the perfect place for an energy generation base.... you know... "alien logic".