Below Zero Micro-Update Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageBelow Zero Micro-Update Released - Subnautica

A small update has been released for Below Zero on the Steam, Epic, and Discord stores. This update is not a major feature release. It contains some bug fixes and...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread ?
  • Woo4642Woo4642 San Antonio Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250835Members
    Is there a way to produce more h20? Seems like all the bladderfish in my game went extinct and none spawn. I've been over eating all the other fish since they give you like +3ish to water and also the gel sacks. Would love to be able to scan the Water Filtration Machine <3
  • senjuroosenjuroo chicago Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250104Members
    have the same problem with bladder fish!!
  • LogickickLogickick Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247746Members
    Yay! We can see the Penglings up close now!
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Bioscanner & Biosample may no longer be dropped / lost.

I feel like I'm being challenged. I do not know how to respond yet.

(But seriously, this all sounds sweet. Too bad my computer's sound isn't working right now or I'd give it a go.)
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    edited February 2019
    Woo4642 wrote: »
    Is there a way to produce more h20? Seems like all the bladderfish in my game went extinct and none spawn. I've been over eating all the other fish since they give you like +3ish to water and also the gel sacks. Would love to be able to scan the Water Filtration Machine <3

There's also creepvines and creepvine seed clusters for the time being. I've found that if you're running out of water that badly you've probably had more than enough time to explore and see everything in the game so far. If it still continues to be an issue you can always start a new file on Freedom mode and ignore water altogether. Using the console command daynightspeed to slow ingame time might slow down thirst depletion as well, but I haven't confirmed this yet.
  • SpringiSpringi Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250878Members
    Nice Update, even though no new features, but thats ok.

I would love to find Lithium somewhere to spend some time on base building while waiting for new features. Or did I missed it only?
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Springi wrote: »

I would love to find Lithium somewhere to spend some time on base building while waiting for new features. Or did I missed it only?

not currently possible at least from what the wiki says to obtain lithium without using console commands. I haven't played around enough on the experimental build to see if they spawn in the world or not yet.
  • benji32benji32 Luxemburg Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245121Members
    Still waiting here in luxemburg 2 months past release an i can‘t download the game an i‘m getting ro the pointi get rly frustrated about it it‘s nice that the devs are worling on this issies but there are major problems that are needed to be fixed in this month Pls give us a info when and why
  • shironatorshironator Slovakia Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250852Members

not currently possible at least from what the wiki says to obtain lithium without using console commands. I haven't played around enough on the experimental build to see if they spawn in the world or not yet.

I managed to get lithium without console. Dont remember where...try to look into unfinished deep twisty bridges biome (I think there is also plenty of magnetite), or around island with rocket. In deeper places.

In the eastern portion of map, where those big whales are, is also Ruby.
  • JimboJamboJimboJambo Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235708Members
    Woo4642 wrote: »

This hasn't happened to me so far. Are you sure you're looking in the right place? Bladderfish only seem to spawn around the drop pod and twisty bridges; they don't appear in the deeper areas.

It's hard to get, but it can be reached. There's a very small hole/cave entrance just before the drop into the Deep Arctic (where the glow whales and stalkers are) that you can enter to reach an area full of quartz, lithium, and blighters at about 300 m depth.
  • SpringiSpringi Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250878Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »

It's hard to get, but it can be reached. There's a very small hole/cave entrance just before the drop into the Deep Arctic (where the glow whales and stalkers are) that you can enter to reach an area full of quartz, lithium, and blighters at about 300 m depth.

OK found the glow whales, but a small cave there????
  • SeirithSeirith United States Join Date: 2018-05-29 Member: 240999Members
    edited February 2019
    The easiest way to find lithium is to start at the floating rocks base. The one that is full of water and above the mushroom fields. Point towards the rocket waypoint and head towards it at about 150m. you'll run into a wall. Follow the wall until you come to a corner where two tall rock walls meet. go to the bottom of that, there should be a small-ish hole right in the corner. follow that in. bear to the right. go straight down, you'll hit a floor, go to the right again, and it should go down some more. The water will turn pink and you'll find a fair amount of lithium there. I used pumps to get air down there to look around. the lithium there is around 400m.
    OK found the glow whales, but a small cave there????

5t6h97i0ywuf.jpg
    1fdjqy919a8g.jpg

I hope the coordinates can help you find it. The hole wouldn't fit a vehicle; it's that small. In the second pic, it's located between the arms of my base - I'm including that pic to help communicate the hole is rather hidden.

Though you can dive in with the seaglide, I recommend the use of pipes not just for air, but also as a guide back because it gets surprisingly dark all of a sudden down there. (My pipe system seems to have been deleted by the update. C'est la vie.) A scanner room to guide you isn't necessary since the quartz and lithium light up well enough against the walls, but it might be handy still. And bring a medkit or two + keep moving to survive the blighters.
  • andrewcandrewc Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225231Members
    Please devs create more content deeper ... with subnautica there was less todo the more vehicles you had
    andrewc wrote: »
    Please devs create more content deeper ... with subnautica there was less todo the more vehicles you had

all in good time, they have months of content to add.
  • silincrsashtvsilincrsashtv CZ Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 245963Members
    I would like to ask something. When they make such great models, they can not download them for free. P. S. While the game was created, I would like to animate the models
  • silincrsashtvsilincrsashtv CZ Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 245963Members
    I just asking guys :)
  • MemZ561MemZ561 Løkken Verk Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251190Members
    When will the seamoth come back?
    MemZ561 wrote: »
    When will the seamoth come back?

don't appear to be any plans to re-add the seamoth according to the favro board. It's function sort of has been superseded by the new SeaTruck vehicle in which the cockpit itself basically works like a seamoth but is able to dock up with module trailers to create a modulated larger vessel with multiple compartments, also explains why we won't be seeing a return of the Cyclops sub either, the seatruck does the job of the seamoth and cyclops in one vehicle with how modular it is.
  • JTMdinosaurJTMdinosaur Join Date: 2019-01-28 Member: 249545Members
    when will it come to xbox ?
  • vargatavargata United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237835Members
    could you guys please fix the table coral? its totally game breaking as they become uncollectable after a while and cant build anymore the stuff requires it...
    edited February 2019
    vargata wrote: »
    could you guys please fix the table coral? its totally game breaking as they become uncollectable after a while and cant build anymore the stuff requires it...

That's a bug from normal subnautica that was patched out of the original game a while back. I'm surprised that bug made it and was reintroduced in Below Zero. Anyways, have you tried restarting the game? as that was the only way to fix that issue until the devs nuked that bug in the original game.
  • FlinseyFlinsey Koksijde Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250774Members
    Maybe you can make some changes to the weather? Like better lightning, better snow,...
  • FlinseyFlinsey Koksijde Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250774Members
    I think you should fix some base-building bugs. I can't power my underwater-base. And in the first game you could build only circular rooms in your base. Maybe you can add blueprints for square-shaped rooms in the game :-)
  • vargatavargata United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237835Members
    vargata wrote: »

That's a bug from normal subnautica that was patched out of the original game a while back. I'm surprised that bug made it and was reintroduced in Below Zero. Anyways, have you tried restarting the game? as that was the only way to fix that issue until the devs nuked that bug in the original game.

yes, after full restart of the game some was collectible again BUT then some of them just fallen to the floor inaccessible, some i picked up but disappeared as soon as tried to use, some i picked up but its model was stuck to my feet and came with me whereever i went and fell to the ground when i put it in a locker but what is the worst, if i restart the game ALL ive collected disappears. gone.... yeah, pretty annoying... i know this is early access, i've bought it knowing this, but this is just one resource of the lot, why cant it just work like all the others? nah... i just keep waiting and give some more time i guess
  • SeunghyunSeunghyun South Korea Join Date: 2020-02-29 Member: 258379Members
    This is exciting progress? you guys are awesome and I SO much appreciate you all!! Look forward to the next big thing!! ?