Couple of ideas for scanner rooms

WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
1. When you get into a scanner room and operate one of the cameras, the camera should default to the ones attached to the scanner room you are currently standing in at that time. As it is currently, If I click to control the camera in, for example, scanner room 5, it will try to connect to camera 1, which is attached to scanner room 1 over 1000m away. It's just silly. I then have to move scroll through all the available cameras until I get to the one attached to the room I'm currently standing in. With non descriptive labels such as 'Camera 1' this can be an absolute nightmare if you have several scanner rooms like I have.

2. Some type of central control for all scanner rooms. You could tell all your scanner rooms to all scan for the same thing, with just one click, instead of having to manually drive around to all individual scanner rooms and go inside and manually pick from the list. It would be a nice touch, if all the scanner room locations showed up on some kind of map, along with range rings, showing you immediately via visuals, how much of the map you have currently covered with scanner room range.

I think these two things would make scanner rooms immensely more useful and less tedious to use.

Comments

• webmasterblastwebmasterblast tbd Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250497Members
    I also think it could be cool to be able to extract the 3d map from the scanner room in to a physical map item you can reference.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
  • WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Search bar!

Has someone suggested the exact same things as I have above, in another post somewhere?
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    You did not suggest that?!
    The first one, no i don't think so, the second ... i don't know, i think not, but they might've.
    The first one, no i don't think so, the second ... i don't know, i think not, but they might've.

So why did you post saying "Search bar!" ???
    edited February 2019
    You did not suggest that?!

????????
  • SimbadSimbad Join Date: 2019-02-18 Member: 251056Members
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    1. When you get into a scanner room and operate one of the cameras, the camera should default to the ones attached to the scanner room you are currently standing in at that time. As it is currently, If I click to control the camera in, for example, scanner room 5, it will try to connect to camera 1, which is attached to scanner room 1 over 1000m away. It's just silly. I then have to move scroll through all the available cameras until I get to the one attached to the room I'm currently standing in. With non descriptive labels such as 'Camera 1' this can be an absolute nightmare if you have several scanner rooms like I have.
    You're right and I think the devs didn't plan for that many scanner rooms.
    Just try to look for the camera name before you enter the scanner room or deconstruct scanner rooms / cameras you don't need at the moment.
    Because let's be honest: Who needs to control the cameras once you can have the HUD upgrade?
    2. Some type of central control for all scanner rooms. You could tell all your scanner rooms to all scan for the same thing, with just one click, instead of having to manually drive around to all individual scanner rooms and go inside and manually pick from the list.
    No. I wouldn't want this. It would mean my HUD get spammed with markers more than a mile away from me. And due to the fact that a scanner room only shows stuff that's actually available in range, the game would have to scan all areas for available nodes. That would be a huge performance loss.
    It would be a nice touch, if all the scanner room locations showed up on some kind of map, along with range rings, showing you immediately via visuals, how much of the map you have currently covered with scanner room range.
    Well, that's kind of problematic. Sure, a useful map would be great... but it's a 3D game and to show 'rings' on a large-scale map doesn't make that much sense to me. I'm sorry.