Below Zero request - Airlocks.

MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
Airlocks on our bases. Please give us optional airlock pieces for added immersion.

Comments

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Sounds interesting, though it might just add another layer of tedium by having to wait ten or more seconds every time you want to enter/exit anything (unless that's the kinda thing you like).

Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with frustrating gameplay mechanics, which is why it's so odd that games try so hard to resemble it.

Yahtzee, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:CLEAR SKY review
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2019
    Sounds interesting, though it might just add another layer of tedium by having to wait ten or more seconds every time you want to enter/exit anything (unless that's the kinda thing you like).

Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with frustrating gameplay mechanics, which is why it's so odd that games try so hard to resemble it.

Yahtzee, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:CLEAR SKY review

I remember Osiris: A New Dawn had airlocks being mandatory for their bases. It got really annoying really fast if you realized you forgot something outside, or just needed to pop inside to grab something - and then forgot something else immediately after stepping back out.

Cool? Yes. Immersive? Also yes. Fun? Not as much.

It's probably for that reason that Nitrogen Narcosis was (sorta) removed and never got brought back. I'd actually like to see NN come back, even if in mod form. Not sure if the code is still in Below Zero, but last I checked (a long time ago) it was still in the base game, ye just had to switch it on yourself in the console.