[OC] Odyssey - Science Sub concept

keptinkeptin Join Date: 2018-12-22 Member: 246678Members
gdl7acn5c6yj.jpg

Posted this to Reddit, thought The official forums might dig it.

I'm inspired by this game. Definitely one of my favorites of the year. Throughout playing I found myself longing for a vehicle between the size of the Seamoth and Cyclops. Something ideal for long excursions, with plenty of storage, a small bit of buildable space, and a focus on exploration with a unique survey drone upgrade. Hence the Odyssey.

Comments

• StiopaStiopa Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247554Members
    I absolutely love the idea and concept art. I'd say it should be faster than the Cyclops (obviously), have a functional Scanner Room instead of docking bay, and these panels on the side simply scream to me "external storage access".

So - no lower deck, airlock directly accessing the bridge, Scanner room behind, maybe another small room with storage access and space to build some amenities, and engine room being a smaller version of the one on Cyclops.
  • RivynRivyn United States Join Date: 2018-12-26 Member: 247146Members
    O, this is lovely. It's an adorable little hybrid. Though, what would be the point of the Seamoth when you have this?
  • huntercas315huntercas315 Join Date: 2019-01-21 Member: 249106Members
    You just crushed the cyclops into a smaller one
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    edited February 2019
    Dude, that is a cool sub, but aren't the devs creating a new submarine already? What was it, the Atlas?
    And @Stiopa, that sub is too small to have three rooms, two at best, but not three, the engine is similar to the seamoths.
    Speaking of which, good point @Rivyn, how bout the seamoth is twice as fast, and can go 300 meters deeper with the upgrades. And is the only one who can use three of the upgrades, like the torpedo launcher.
    Upgrades for the Odyssey, shields, armor, depth, and engine efficiency.
  • PalanovaPalanova Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250260Members
    We definitly need something between the Seamoth and the Cyclops.
    Seamoth is ideal to explore a biome, t's is fast, but too small for massive storage spaces and dont have fabricator.
    Cyclops is way better, but much slower, and not good for exploration, because too big. It is more like a mobile base, and not an explortion vehicle. I used the Cyclops only when i have to move to another biome, what is too far from my main base. I stocked up every material in it, and the prawn and go. Still, i have to left behind my Seamoth...
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Leave, @Palanova, it's leave, not left.
  • DinokingChomp4DinokingChomp4 Join Date: 2019-04-12 Member: 252291Members
    This would be amazing
    it should have a single camera like the scanner room ones
    and since its a science sub then it should have a miniture version of an ailen containment thing
    also it should be in normal subnautica and below zero