Time capsule contents?

2»

Comments

• roenieroenie Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237925Members
  • EccleZoneEccleZone Germany Join Date: 2018-02-07 Member: 237105Members
    This TC was created during my first playthrough without knowing on any rules or briefings.

zmo2bn6adsn3.jpg
  • DragosonDragoson United States Join Date: 2018-02-23 Member: 238179Members
    3e53m3mn1nez.jpg

To anyone who may find this...
    These have the darkest days of my life. Aurora went down as we approached 4546B in a series of explosions and flames. It was only through pure luck that I survived and fell into this mass ocean. Little did I know of the many dangers that lie within. As if the fallout of the reactor explosions were not bad enough, every distress call I explored resulted in only more questions and pure loneliness.

I can't articulate the horrors I have seen in my attempts to stay alive and escape this god forsaken place. I can only hope no one else has to experience what lies within the depths of this planet. Monstrosities that will swallow you whole....

I believe I have found a way to leave this place. In the event that someone is left on this planet. I leave you with what I can to increase your chances of survival and my one photo that displays a single pocket of beauty and hope in this vast ocean of darkness.

-Joseph "Dragoson" Powell, Quality Director of the Aurora
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Now that the last two achievements have been fixed, I launched again to get 100%. Below are the contents of my second time capsule. Everybody can always use more copper, right? :)

Subnautica-TimeCapsule02-Contents-Medium01.jpg
  • sbourdonsbourdon United States Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238748Members
    max time capsules per game are 40
    yes they are moderated
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    What's with all the OP ones?

Sorry, but I feel they make the game too easy. So many ion batteries, it's so cheaty.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Curious: are the capsules moderated in any way right now? Because I've seen people on Reddit claim they got end-game items in them at the very start of the game and it just feels... wrong. Not to mention that some of the images I've seen should have never made it, either.

I doubt it, I've found Ion Batteries and Ion Power Cells in them, as well as Ion Crystals.

P.S.: Somehow I got the time capsule achievement without sending a time capsule, has that been fixed? I've sent one since but hadn't prepared one the first time I launched the rocket.
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited March 2018
    I'm nearing the end of the game, and I was debating on how to fill out my time capsule. I was thinking about putting some good gear in there like a stasis rifle and an Ion powercell, but that seems like what everyone else is doing, so that's kinda boring. I decided to do a more flavor-driven time capsule. The items are still in flux. I might remove the knife to put another scanner room upgrade in there, and change the crashfish egg to something else, but so far everything else keeps with the theme of the capsule. Any thoughts before I send it off when I beat the game in the next couple of days?
    ndtmw1hb1sib.jpg

SYSTEM NOTE: Data transcribed from the former user's PDA.
    Name: [REDACTED]
    Alias: WhiteWeasel

It may be a great deal of time before you are rescued, and thus it is vital to maintain mental health as well as physical. The psychological effects of isolation can be a detriment to your long-term survival. It is important to remember that survival may be a battle for your body, but a war on the mind. Here are several activities that will aid in your immediate goals while also keeping you mentally invigorated.

-Catalog everything, remember that you have no shortage of time, no subject material is above interpretation.
    -Keep a photo journal to document locations for navigation and to establish positive memories with the more visually striking venues.
    -Start a garden, maintaining crops is an excellent passtime.
    -Keep an aquarium, live specimens and their behaviors have countless ways of keeping you mentally stimulated.
    -Investigate visited locations for new discoveries.

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I'm still waiting for that one time capsule to be full of useless things like amnio acid or decayed creepvine
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited March 2018
    I'm still waiting for that one time capsule to be full of useless things like amnio acid or decayed creepvine

huehuehuehuehue
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I'm thinking about making a time capsule with Hatching Enzymes, Cyclops Shield Generator Module, Prawn Suit Depth Module mkII, Prawn Suit Grappling/Drill arms and a Prawn Suit Thermal Reactor module.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited March 2018
    I'm nearing the end of the game, and I was debating on how to fill out my time capsule. I was thinking about putting some good gear in there like a stasis rifle and an Ion powercell, but that seems like what everyone else is doing, so that's kinda boring. I decided to do a more flavor-driven time capsule. The items are still in flux. I might remove the knife to put another scanner room upgrade in there, and change the crashfish egg to something else, but so far everything else keeps with the theme of the capsule. Any thoughts before I send it off when I beat the game in the next couple of days?
    ndtmw1hb1sib.jpg

SYSTEM NOTE: Data transcribed from the former user's PDA.
    Name: [REDACTED]
    Alias: WhiteWeasel

It may be a great deal of time before you are rescued, and thus it is vital to maintain mental health as well as physical. The psychological effects of isolation can be a detriment to your long-term survival. It is important to remember that survival may be a battle for your body, but a war on the mind. Here are several activities that will aid in your immediate goals while also keeping you mentally invigorated.

-Catalog everything, remember that you have no shortage of time, no subject material is above interpretation.
    -Keep a photo journal to document locations for navigation and to establish positive memories with the more visually striking venues.
    -Start a garden, maintaining crops is an excellent passtime.
    -Keep an aquarium, live specimens and their behaviors have countless ways of keeping you mentally stimulated.
    -Investigate visited locations for new discoveries.
    I actually kinda like this one. It's simple, some easy to get stuff (Aside from the Thermoblade and Sonar Upgrade) and works well for new players. Good job!
    edited March 2018
    What's with all the OP ones?

Sorry, but I feel they make the game too easy. So many ion batteries, it's so cheaty.

While I can't speak for all capsules out there, the PDA blurb: "Alterra requests time capsules be stocked with tools and resources which will aid those who may discover them in the future." is at least partially to blame for that, as it encourages putting "useful" stuff in it. It's not much of a stretch think a first time/naive player would to take that to heart and put the most "useful" stuff they can think of in there, which is often late game equipment and/or rare resources.

I actually kinda like this one. It's simple, some easy to get stuff (Aside from the Thermoblade and Sonar Upgrade) and works well for new players. Good job!
    Thanks. I feel the scanner room upgrade is the right balance of something that's useful without being too much, and it's something that a player doesn't need to be very far into the game to get mileage out of it. Unlike that single chunk of kyanite I got from a time capsule, where it was an item so late game I could not use it until I could obtain it regularly anyways. :/
  • zontwitchzontwitch Canada Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238022Members
    GViplEpl.jpg
    FV7VPCwl.jpg
    You have found my time capsule which means that I'm either dead or have made it off of this planet. If you find yourself in the dire circumstances that I once was in then know there is hope. I leave you with three items that saved my life.

Air bladder - The amount of times this saved my life I cannot begin to count. When your oxygen is running out deploy this item and even if you start blacking out stay true and hope.

Coffee americano - It may not provide much drinkable water but if you happen upon the blueprints for a coffee machine it may very well save your life. A tip, you can brew two coffees at once. In the meantime savour this brew and feel refreshed with the taste of home and hope that it brings.

Bulbo tree sample - A game changer for me. The bulbo tree does not provide sustenance for long trips but it does provide a renewable source of food and water for when you are at home base building. Let this seed fill your base with life & hope.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018

I recommend to not put any precusor related stuff in the capsule or hatching enzymes so you don't spoil new players
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Title: 42 and You: A health guide

"Hi survivor, I'm Cave Johnson. It may have already occurred to you that you're currently stranded on a desolate puddle in the middle of one of the least frequented trade routes in the galaxy. And if you haven't, then... you're doin' fine, soldier. This may sound bad now, but wait 'till you hear this next bit and then you'll feel a good deal more proud of your survivability thus far. You see, it turns out that if you splice the genes of the common cold virus with a Tardigrade in sufficient quantities, and then feed the result ionized citric in its supersolid state (and then give it the taste of the human genome), you've got yourself a bloodthirsty hive-mind race of xenomorphs which can travel through space and attack any organism's DNA directly. Still following me? Good. I suppose you know what I'm about to say from context, but I think I'll just go ahead and say it anyways. The planet you're currently inhabiting happens to be infested with the epidemic and you might be suffering from it yourself. But don't panic! The plague began on the other side of the planet and you're currently staked out in the safest place a creature could be around the globe; so there's a chance that you're not yet infected. Us scientists are currently doing as much as we can to neutralize the infection right now; which means that we will have a cure ready for you as soon as we figure out exactly what form the mutated xenomorphs have taken. So far, we've tried conventional antibiotics, lemons, Mesmerism, homeopathic placebo, lettuce extract, high fructose tomato extract, argolian sun tiger extracts, yelling therapy, the works; and so far, we've figured out the included base for a potential cure. We don't know how to make the base a xenomorph yet, but just hold in there. For now, just follow the following instructions on application. Johnson out.
    1. shake cannister well
    2. push cap down and turn clockwise
    3. dab mixture with cloth in reserved amounts
    4. apply lightly to skin around hands, neck, forehead, and elbows
    5. if you already show signs of infections, apply to rash"
    No combustible lemons in the capsule. 0/100
    edited April 2018
    I beat the game and sent my capsule on it's merry way. Sadly I don't think it's ever going to be seen by the devs. The way voting works seems only show the oldest first. :(
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Sorry to bump this, but I HAD to post my new capsule.
    1xa0abisbhz9.jpg
    7c8ltl3zlryy.jpg
  • reem70reem70 Israel Join Date: 2018-09-26 Member: 243788Members
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    i put bags of piss in my time capsule sadly i don't have a photo, I play on the xbox 1 cg0h1gwffpnc.jpg
  • UdjuUdju Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248724Members
    edited January 2019
    Can an already hatched cuddlefish be added? And what items cannot be added? In my opinion a hatched cuddlefish would be very nice for players who dont have the big aquarium yet, also an ion powercell for the seamoth or a jet for the prawnsuit.
    i wanted to add screenshots from my time capsule but the forum won't let me :(
  • VanessaMagickVanessaMagick Join Date: 2019-01-12 Member: 248606Members
    edited January 2019
    Image:

i.imgur.com/TSJYz9T.jpg

Ha ha ha

This world is so... pretty
    Deeper, darker, yet darker

Rifle been dead for a week
    Don't know how these blasted Alterra things work
    Batteries? Fusion?

Doesn't matter. Nobody wants to hurt me down here
    Deeper, darker yet darker

Scratches maybe
    But limbs grow back now right?

I'll give back what last I have to the world
    Those pretty little diamond fish are back again

So

Beautiful

Deeper
    Darker
    yet

Contained a stasis rifle with a completely drained battery.

• tmctmc tmc Join Date: 2019-12-29 Member: 256820Members
    Rocket wrote: »
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Curious: are the capsules moderated in any way right now? Because I've seen people on Reddit claim they got end-game items in them ...

They are supposed to be moderated by the company. Having said that, it is reasonable to expect that standards shall slide, especially given the popularity of the game. Even before release, the player (purchase) numbers were obscene, all things considered.

Three capsules per game start. Max. If people abandon their game starts, then so be it. Capsules should be lost.

• DunathonDunathon Germany Join Date: 2020-11-07 Member: 265291Members
    I haven't quite sent my time capsule yet, as I'm still going through my first playthrough, but I started to make plans on what to put in there.

For my picture, I put all my valuables into my base and swam to the edge of the crater with literally nothing on me but my trusty seaglide. As I gradually lowered off the edge, my seaglide died about 250 meters down and it took me another 200 or so swimming, before the ghost leviathans showed up. I got a beautiful shot of two of them coming towards me.

For the message, I don't have a definite phrasing yet, but it will be something like this (may be shortened, if there is a character limit in place. Also, I'll have my best friend proofread it for me, as English is my second language):
    Magnificent creatures; aren't they?
    Beauty and cruelty, channeled into a breathtaking creature living in the deep waters bordering this ecosystem.

When we first crashed here, I couldn't wait to get off this godforsaken rock and back to civilization, but now, I find myself hesitant.
    I fought so hard to survive, but what for? Once I return, Alterra will treat me like a slave until I have paid off my imaginary debt to them or - far more likely - die from old age.
    There's nobody waiting for me, either. The friends I had, albeit few, were on the Aurora with me. I heard their distress calls, followed them, sought out their lifepods... but time and time again, my help came too late. I failed them.

Should anybody find my message, know this: There is more to this planet than the cruel, unforgiving wilderness that is so obvious. Keep an open eye and an open mind while exploring the ocean. Don't harbor resentment against the creatures around you, who make your life harder; they, like you, are survivors.

I left you a few things, some sentimental, some practical. I hope you appreciate them.
    Mechanical engineer [insert name], signing off.

For the contents, I was thinking of adding in a cup of coffee and a bag of chips (the "sentimental" additions, a remainder of the world one strives to get back to), and then 4 items that would be helpful, but not necessarily overpowered, which I'm still trying to decide on. Potentially 4 advanced materials that aren't easy to craft until you get deeper down like Polyaniline, Synthetic Fiber and two pieces of aerogel.