Xbox One 1.0.0.29 Issues

SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
edited December 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Started a new game after installing the update. Issues I've noticed:

-The resources and fauna have been restored, but performance is once again poor.
-Game lags a lot in the safe shallows.
-Other biomes experience pop-in once again when you travel to them.
-Once I began to build a base, performance got even worse.
-Performance took another hit once I built the Sea Moth.
-Haven't had a chance to test the clipping issue experienced in the Aurora yet. If anyone has, please let us know. I'll test it later today.

It looks like once the resources were restored, the original problem of performance/lag returned.

Comments

• Nyancatlover92Nyancatlover92 Altus, OK Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245637Members
    edited December 2018
    - From what I've experienced so far, I can't dock the P.R.A.W.N. suit or the Seamoth in the moonpool anymore.

- The animations for entering/leaving a hatch have been removed as well. I may post more as I continue playing.

- One bug that I've had, even before the update, was that you could see the lights from your base from a distance. My base is on the edge of the shallows and the grassy plateaus on the eastern side, but I could see the lights from the western G.P.

- The biomes would also take a while to load. I can understand that it's a large game and takes time to load, but I had to learn the hard way when my Prawn suit fell through the map because it didn't finish loading.

- As for compliments, I can see that in the recent update, that issue was fixed, and I am very happy about that! I also love how you can finally access the upgrades and storage for the Prawn while it's docked in the moonpool, as well as how when looking through your photos, the scrolling doesn't skip over a picture.
  • SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
    Confirmed, clipping still present inside Aurora:

-When you enter the locker room next to the Prawn Suit Bay, once you approach a locker to collect a med kit, you clip through the locker exposing the surrounding game world outside the Aurora.

-The actual performance while inside the Aurora used to drop significantly before the update but has now improved quite a bit.

-Another observation I made with the Gasopods. The frame rate drops significantly whenever they spawn. Anyone else notice/experience this? I wonder if reducing the number of Gasopods would improve performance in the Safe Shallows? Just a thought.

-Found a Cave Crawler in the Aurora stuck, clipped inside a Loot Container. Once I opened the container, it became unstuck.
  • Nyancatlover92Nyancatlover92 Altus, OK Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245637Members
    edited December 2018
    @SeanKH
    I haven't experienced any problems with the Gasopods. The frame rate seems to work fine for me, but I've had the same trouble with the locker clipping.

I also haven't been able to go to the Aurora yet, but I'm seeing a map spawning bug that affects some of the fauna.

-Last night, as I was entering the Lost River, a wall spawned while a Jellyray was inside it. Once the wall spawned, the Jellyray was shot ot of the wall and into the Lost River, where it continued to swim around erratically, like it was trying to get back to the Deep Grand Reef.

-Just a moment ago, I was heading towards the Aurora when I saw a Reefback clipping in and out of the ground, causing it to shake and spin a lot.

-The game has also crashed every now and then, once last night and once this morning just before the loading screen.
  • Jackdk13Jackdk13 Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245698Members
    Prawn suit falling through the world near the koosh forest....very upsetting..
  • Alucardrx20Alucardrx20 lowell mass Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245544Members
    not shure if im supposed to post this here if not please let me know where to post and i will put it their. now my problem is that since the full release of subnautica it wony sync data at all and even after the update that came after the game still wont sync so as of now the game is completely unplayable dont know if anyone else is having this issue and the error code i get when it dosent sync is (ox83860012). now i have done all the troubleshooting that xbox normally has you do and nothing worked and thats why im posting here. again hopefully this is the correct area to post. if you are wondering what i did i uninstalled and re-installed the game uninstalled and re-installed my profile did a soft reset that allows you to keep your games and apps, cleared the cash 3x i beleve its called i even did a complete format that wiped my hdd clean and i re-installed everything and the game still wont sync up. the message i get with the error code is this (we couldnt sync your data with the cloud just now try again or use this game or app on offline mode.) now i tryied using the game in offline mode but wasnt able to save game like i saved it but when i went back and put it on offline mode my "save" was no where to be found
    not shure if im supposed to post this here if not please let me know where to post and i will put it their. now my problem is that since the full release of subnautica it wony sync data at all and even after the update that came after the game still wont sync so as of now the game is completely unplayable dont know if anyone else is having this issue and the error code i get when it dosent sync is (ox83860012). now i have done all the troubleshooting that xbox normally has you do and nothing worked and thats why im posting here. again hopefully this is the correct area to post. if you are wondering what i did i uninstalled and re-installed the game uninstalled and re-installed my profile did a soft reset that allows you to keep your games and apps, cleared the cash 3x i beleve its called i even did a complete format that wiped my hdd clean and i re-installed everything and the game still wont sync up. the message i get with the error code is this (we couldnt sync your data with the cloud just now try again or use this game or app on offline mode.) now i tryied using the game in offline mode but wasnt able to save game like i saved it but when i went back and put it on offline mode my "save" was no where to be found

Alucardrx20, I think your issue is with Microsoft who controls the synch issues with cloud saves. Same thing happens with me. I just cancel the synch every time and tell it to stop synching. Hope this helps.
    @Nyancatlover92

I've also noticed the issues with Reefbacks. They seem to be swimming much more deeper than they use to and are now getting stuck in multiple locations. I'm used to seeing them a lot closer to the surface. I found one stuck between a wreck and a rock formation.

I've also noticed this really weird bug with random fauna taking off at Mach 5 and zipping past me! Really funny, saw it happen with a Peep, a Stalker Tooth and other fish.
    edited December 2018
    I started a new game in creative mode and among the tools I was given, there were 5 Floaters in my inventory. I decided to attach them to a rock that wasn't at the surface, but they didn't attach like they used to. I even took off the Floaters off of the rock and none of them would attack. They would only roll off and go to the surface.

I also tried attaching one to a Rabbit Ray, and instead of attaching to it, it gravitated around it, like the Rabbit Ray was pulling it around.

Update: I found out that the moonpool and hatch animations only activate when you start a new game. When you leave the game and reload the save, the animations don't work.

And the game seems to like to crash quite a bit. I've never had this happen before in the 6 months that I've been playing this game. On a more humorous note, the game crashed in the middle of the Aurora explosion, which I thought was kinda funny.
  • M1ST3R0NEM1ST3R0NE Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245757Members
    edited December 2018
    Ive been playing sub on xbone for a long time and never seen anything like this bug I am seeing now... there is a small ball for plants, all clipping into each other, in the safe shallows. Of course, me being curious, I approach with my seamoth, get out and go touch the ball. I am surprised when I am insta-killed, and return to find out there are about 10-15 tiger plants (spine shooty things) in the ball. I decided to grab my seamoth and go but the moment I got in it just got one shot by the wave of needles. I honestly have no clue what caused it to spawn this, I had just returned from first trip to floating islands. EDIT: I have pics and vid of this if there is need of that, not sure how to get rid of it so I guess Ill just avoid that area
    @M1ST3R0NE
    If you have the stasis rifle, you can try to stasis the ball of plants, which should stop the needles, and cut at it. Depending on the size of the ball, you will be getting a lot of seeds from it, so be sure to bring something that has a lot of storage.
    ... On a more humorous note, the game crashed in the middle of the Aurora explosion, which I thought was kinda funny.

LOL.....perfect, that radiation is far reaching. You'll need to move your console to a safe distance before you reload that save!
    edited December 2018
    SeanKH wrote: »
    ... On a more humorous note, the game crashed in the middle of the Aurora explosion, which I thought was kinda funny.

LOL.....perfect, that radiation is far reaching. You'll need to move your console to a safe distance before you reload that save!

Honestly, though! Lol
    I've also noticed a sound bug. If you pause the game then unpause it, some sounds have a deeper tone, and it doesn't go back to normal until you pause and unpause it a few times.
  • marko3799marko3799 United States Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245507Members
    I've cleared the game on release version and now updated version.

I've been able to plow through the majority of the game by limiting what I build and what I have on hand.

Moonpool still doesn't work so I use the upgrade station when needed then dismantle it.
    Noticed the bioreactor went whacky a few times and was producing 0 energy when full of melons, so I made sure to get the nuclear reactor and make that as my only power source.

The largest issues I've faced that cause my game to crash is a combination of where I am in game and what actions I command.
    For example: when saving in the grassy plains by a wreck I typically have no issue.
    Vs.
    When I save in the final research base with big momma I have a 50/50 chance of the game shutting down/save game error and of it working.

The alien bases have caused me the most difficulty and I have seen fish swimming around in the dry areas constantly. Along with fish swimming through walls, I have to tip toe everywhere in case of the floor not spawning and me going on a long fall.

Also , the only way I actually finish the game is by taking the final sea portal to turn off gun then go straight to a prebuilt space ship and zip out. Have not been able to make it back to my cyclops way down since it crashes every 5 minutes when down there.

Otherwise as in comparison to pre-release it does load and run smoother in my opinion. Especially in the dead river area. The base operates worse now in updated version as discussed before.
    I finally experienced the Moonpool bug others have mentioned. My experience:

-The Problem: When you attempt to enter the Moonpool with the Sea Moth, as you approach the surface of the water inside the Moonpool, you immediately stop as if you've hit a glass ceiling. The Sea Moth bounces off and will not go any further.

-Workaround Solution: I exited the Sea Moth, swam up to the Moonpool and was able to enter the Moonpool using the ladder. Once inside, I used the Builder Tool to "partially" disassemble the Vehicle Upgrade Console. I didn't have to disassemble it completely. Once it was partially disassembled, I jumped back into the water, entered the Sea Moth and was able to successfully dock in the Moonpool. Once Docked, I reassembled the Vehicle Upgrade Console and the Moopool worked normally again.

-Interesting Notes: I was using the Moonpool with no problem at all for most of my game. It just failed randomly without any noticeable changes. Hope this helps anyone else running into this problem.
    @SeanKH
    I'll have to try that on my old save. The one I have now in creative mode is working just fine. I'll have to go back to the old one when I'm done with this one, as I was fond of that save.

I alsp found another bug. In the Primary Containment Facility, the room that has the pipe network full of Peepers seems to crash every time I try to enter it.
    When you first walk through the doorway and look to the left, that section looks like it didn't load in properly. If it does load in, it crashes shortly after.
  • MRLEGENDMRLEGEND Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246127Members
    I'm playing on xbox one, and xbox one x...I get horrendous frame drops when I return to the original pod. I'm talking 0 frames per second..I'm talking the game freezes for 10 seconds or more depending on whats going on. Its more like 1 frame per 5-10 seconds...unacceptable. Its exactly the same on the OG AND the X

Last night I had to return to the original pod because my base lost power and I needed the replicator...spent 40 mins trying to cook 2 fish, and make 2 waters before I died.

I suspect that maybe the 5 floating containers and all the stuff I dropped outside of the pod is the contributing factor; but I'm not about to spend hours of aggravating framerate to try to clean it up.

Please patch this because I really like the game; if a situation ever pops up where I have to go to that area again...I quit. If I have to throw 10 hours away...I quit. I play games to have fun.
  • CUpshaneCUpshane Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246254Members
    After update i can no longer start an existing game or creat a new one
  • CUpshaneCUpshane Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246254Members
    Problem corrected! :):)
  • BonesinflamesBonesinflames Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246149Members