Latest update and resources

maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
So with the latest update fixing an issue with resources - does that mean resources will eventually respawn? I wasn't really having an issue with them - just had to search further to get them and go deeper. But if they respawn, that would be great. I was having trouble finding stalkers, so I have started over anyway.

Comments

• BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    If you had a saved game with the resource bug, any area you've already explored will not regenerate resources.

You essentially have to start over if you've explored even a few biomes before they patched the bug.

If you start a new game after the patch everything should be right, resources will continue to respawn
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    Thanks. That is what I thought. Now if I can just reliably save my game without it getting stuck in saving, all will be good! :smile:
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I started a new game yet again with the new patch and I'll admit, while it hurts to lose the progress I had on my previous save, yet again.... I am really enjoying the abundance of tech and resources this patch fixed. Although this patch I'm now seeing other bugs like brain coral floating on the surface of the water, when I wasn't among those seeing that before the latest patch. It's an easy bug to ignore, it's not game breaking. I have yet to rebuild my moonpool and see if I can't dock my seamoth again though, we shall see. Still... Fantastic game and I'm glad so many people are still working to improve it even today.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Cristof wrote: »
    I started a new game yet again with the new patch and I'll admit, while it hurts to lose the progress I had on my previous save, yet again.... I am really enjoying the abundance of tech and resources this patch fixed. Although this patch I'm now seeing other bugs like brain coral floating on the surface of the water, when I wasn't among those seeing that before the latest patch. It's an easy bug to ignore, it's not game breaking. I have yet to rebuild my moonpool and see if I can't dock my seamoth again though, we shall see. Still... Fantastic game and I'm glad so many people are still working to improve it even today.

I'm still randomly not allowed to dock anything. The easiest solution I've found is just don't build anything on top or inside the moonpool (aside from mod station) and just erase it and rebuild it anytime your stuff won't dock. It fixes the issue for awhile before it randomly stops working again.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    Cristof wrote: »
    Still... Fantastic game and I'm glad so many people are still working to improve it even today.

I beg your pardon? It just went 1.0 !!!! 9 days ago. They better keep working on it. Cause it still isn't "done" . Expecting a normal working game on the 1.0 release is an utopia nowadays. It's getting worse & worse. SubN was definitely the last preview I will ever buy. In recent months I have even abandoned buying new games as none is bug free. I'll purchase after two months. When 9 patches have been issued..... I know this is entirely fault of publishers and shareholders, almost never of the developer itself.
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    Rbox wrote: »

I beg your pardon? It just went 1.0 !!!! 9 days ago. They better keep working on it. Cause it still isn't "done" . Expecting a normal working game on the 1.0 release is an utopia nowadays. It's getting worse & worse. SubN was definitely the last preview I will ever buy. In recent months I have even abandoned buying new games as none is bug free. I'll purchase after two months. When 9 patches have been issued..... I know this is entirely fault of publishers and shareholders, almost never of the developer itself.

Yeah, I think too much is being asked for games that have a lot of flaws. That being said, I have been having fun and have got as much time out of this so far as I have other games I've bought that have had no issues. It would be nice though if early access was free access for awhile - basically early access has become beta testing to a degree. Beta testing should be free. The best early access game I've ever played was astroneer. If I recall correctly, it pretty much worked from day 1 and simply more features got added as time went on. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty well polished. Early access games these days are often further along, but with a lot more issues. I think I'd prefer a game that maybe wasn't as far along but didn't have as many issues.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited December 2018
    True, early access and preview games have become PAID beta tests. Or 'How to charge instead of paying testers'