Subnautica PlayStation 1.04 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica PlayStation 1.04 Released - Subnautica

Subnautica on PlayStation has just been updated! 1.04 is a small update to address some crashing issues that popped up after launch yesterday. It also addresses a problem with world...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • meitaigameitaiga United States Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245189Members
    Is there any way that we can get keyboard / mouse controls available on PS4? I used to play Subnautica on my laptop years ago before the game got too advanced for my computer to handle and I can't help but prefer the keyboard controls particularly when I'm trying to catch fish or other moving items in the water. Since I have to use my right thumb both to pick up the object AND move the camera it's extremely difficult to catch things. I've tried altering the controls to see if I can get around this, but so far nothing really works. I know you also have L2 set as an alternate key to pick items up, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to work all the time.
  • Sweet_MustardSweet_Mustard Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239630Members
    Guys, it's really needs optimization. I walked up on Aurora yeasterday and it's like 3 fps. And freezes every 10 sec.
  • AlfredRZAlfredRZ Join Date: 2018-12-05 Member: 245165Members
    That's bad, I have not yet gone to the aurora yet, I am currently experiencing stuttering and frame rate drop every time I'm surfacing above with all the splashes effects going on. I hope they patched it soon.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    meitaiga wrote: »
    Is there any way that we can get keyboard / mouse controls available on PS4? I used to play Subnautica on my laptop years ago before the game got too advanced for my computer to handle and I can't help but prefer the keyboard controls particularly when I'm trying to catch fish or other moving items in the water. Since I have to use my right thumb both to pick up the object AND move the camera it's extremely difficult to catch things. I've tried altering the controls to see if I can get around this, but so far nothing really works. I know you also have L2 set as an alternate key to pick items up, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to work all the time.

That's why you buy a PC.
    Guys, it's really needs optimization. I walked up on Aurora yeasterday and it's like 3 fps. And freezes every 10 sec.

Are you sure it's the Aurora or another bug that is happening near it? Never had any issues with the Aurora on any platform, It's heavily optimized compared to most other things. In fact, barley any of the Aurora is loaded at one time. (The interior, anyways.)
    AlfredRZ wrote: »
    That's bad, I have not yet gone to the aurora yet, I am currently experiencing stuttering and frame rate drop every time I'm surfacing above with all the splashes effects going on. I hope they patched it soon.

That certainly is odd. It shouldn't stutter when playing effects. I think it's rather the stutter brought by the fact the lighting above water and below water is different. Along with that, the sky also changes when your underwater.
  • joaoaguiarjoaoaguiar Join Date: 2018-11-28 Member: 244969Members
    You guys only need to fix the crashes
  • jgwilliams168jgwilliams168 Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245249Members
    PS4 Save Data issues

Application version 1.04

I had a saved data error then the game unexpectedly crashed and deleted all my data. The game also will not allow me to save on any file anymore stating an invalid call. No attempt to recover from my ps+ Online uploads worked and even reinstalling the game did nothing. I put 8 hours of work into this game and really hope this will be fixed quickly as it’s hard to continue to play a game where all my files could be lost. Even when they’re still on my console in save slot 0000 and in the options slot. If anyone knows if there’s a way to resolve this please help.
  • Shabanow777Shabanow777 Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245101Members
    the game is incredibly beautiful, but where is another satellite of the planet, and the error in saving the game makes it very difficult to pass
  • DanitumDanitum Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245254Members
    Hey after the ps4 update there are no longer in german "Blasenfische" in the water so i am not able to produce water to drink. Is this a bug ?
  • Lobus_FrontalisLobus_Frontalis Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245258Members
    I think i have an issue with the sound. On my 5.1 Surround Soundsystsm i only be able to hear it in Stereo. Is it a bug or just a feature ;-)
  • Ruttman23Ruttman23 United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245263Members
    edited December 2018
    I have found 3 bugs on the xbox
    1. The game crashes upon surfacing
    2. The sky rays seem to sit down in mid air above the life pod
    3. There is a culmination of the plants that spawn on the surface of the water at safe shallows and it kills you
  • shay1220shay1220 Ny Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245287Members
    The game has crazy frame drops when I'm in the seamoth anywhere away from safe shallows
  • shay1220shay1220 Ny Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245287Members
    I didn't seem to have those drops before the update
  • edwardsa3edwardsa3 Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245301Members
    Problems/bugs I’ve experienced so far on PS4:
    1. Frame rate drops. Sometimes to the point of momentarily freezing or full on freezing causing a crash.
    2. I explored part of the aurora, put out several fires, collected PDAs, opened locked rooms.... I saved my game many times throughout this... loaded the game the next day and went back to the aurora to find everything reset. Rooms locked again, PDAs I already collected returned (With no new notification because I still had them), fires all back, all items I picked up were also collectable again.
    3. I had a storage upgrade and a depth upgrade installed in my seamoth. I saved my game and later in the evening when I loaded back in... my upgrades were all gone, disappeared. As well as all the items I had placed in the storage of my seamoth.

I love this game, I’ve been enjoying finally getting to play it. I hope these issues are addressed.
  • preciouspengupreciouspengu United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245307Members
    I haven't played Subnautica in awhile, but I decided to start up again with the Xbox One final release. However, I'm having a resource issue. This may just be me, but first of all, I'm finding it excessively hard to locate limestone outcrops. I could be remembering wrong, but I feel like it hasn't always taken me a half an hour to find just a patch of two of them. Secondly, sandstone outcrops are either nonexistent or even harder to find. I've probably spent about two hours searching every zone I could possibly search with my current diving abilities and have found none. I can't check any deeper places because I need those materials for a better oxygen tank, but I've checked as deep as 150m. I've tried starting a new game 3 times to no avail. Is this just me going crazy or is it genuinely this hard to find materials now?
  • drkovcimdrkovcim Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245310Members
    Hello, please, contains a game Subnautica on PlayStation 4 purchased in PlayStation store Czech subtitles?
  • adamski87adamski87 United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245317Members
    The game is unplayable on ps4. Constant crashes. It'd be ok if there was an autosave every 10 mins or so but you get engrossed in what your doing and forget to save and then crash and there goes an hour's progress lost.
    And you could have at least gave us steam owners a discount on the console version.
  • awolCZawolCZ Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245320Members
    edited December 2018
    I'm having performance issues on PS4 Pro, patch 1.04. The longer I play, the more FPS drops I experience. Eventually, FPS drastically drops to state where game almost completely freezes (imagine like 1 -2 FPS) and I need to kill it and start again. It's almost unplayable in this state.
    drkovcim wrote: »
    Hello, please, contains a game Subnautica on PlayStation 4 purchased in PlayStation store Czech subtitles?

Hi drkovcim, I'm also from Czech Republic and yes, there are Czech subtitles in the game ;-)

• LEMILA3LEMILA3 Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245267Members
    I've got a few issues with Subnautica on PS4 Pro: various areas of terrain not loading in at all (doesn't load in even if you wait or save, quit & restart), my Cyclops doesn't have a hatch on the vehicle bay even though you still get the option to open & close the hatch an you can hear the audio from the action, I've found a Cyclops vehicle hatch floating on the surface of the water next to the floating Brain Coral North of lifepod 5, the hatch only appeared after I built my cyclops because I was standing on the brain coral earlier you can't scan the hatch an you can swim through it, I've got screen shots of these issues if anyone at Unknown Worlds needs to see them, plus if I save & quit with 100 health, food & water when I reload I've lost 25 water & 15 food and since your 1.04 updater if I play for a few hours the lag gets worse an I have to save an restart to fix performance so it's playable.
  • chubnoodlechubnoodle Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245227Members
    my game crashed after it gave me a "save data saving failed (invalid call). try again?" pressed yes and the game crashed and deleted my almost 20 hour save file. im unable to start a new game because itll give me the same error message if i try to save, but doesnt crash after i press yes.
  • PustulusPustulus Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245342Members
    edited December 2018
    I cannot start engines on the Cyclops. Full power cells, but click on the engine start and nothing happens. I also tried clicking on horn and other functions and nothing there as well. I am standing at the helm while attempting these actions.

Edit: Figured it out...It says to hit L2 when you actually have to hit X.
  • RassRass Germany Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245371Members
    Hi everyone, performance on PS4 Pro is horrible, Islands pops up 10 Meters in front of me, 3 FPS under water until freezing for a few seconds. Please fix this.
  • BoogBoog Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245434Members
    Hello, suffering major frame drops in the shallows. Also game crashes while saving at times. Please, I beg all of you, fix this. I love the game and right now it's basically unplayable.
  • JustWaterJustWater Sweden Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245209Members
    Game crashes, save file corrupted: You lose ALL the progress you have made in game.
    Start from the very begin.

This, unfortunately, has always been Subnautica on PC, years ago when the development started, and after many years, today, still the same UNACCEPTABLE issue.

I really had hope that the console port and the additional development did improve the game, and instead, during my very first 4 hours on PS4, same story...lost all the game. Back from the begin.
    Again, this is UNACCEPTABLE.

• RummioxfordRummioxford Grassvallet CA Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245441Members
    I had a 21 hr. Save file disappear after a crash. The farming...oohh all the farming. ?
    I had just built the pron suit after days of dealing with game crash after game crash, still I played on...never giving up. As the MVB constructed the pron suit a glimmer of light emerged. euphoria pulsed through my brain? it was time to conquer the ocean before me. And when I attempted to save my progress it had happened... I didn't even have the opportunity to step inside. I have been beaten...I am no more...I yield. ?

I still love the game but ugghhh.... UNKNOWN WORLDS I BEG THEEEE Plz fix
  • BurialBurial Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245450Members
    I've noticed a large area of the map has not loaded into the game, and as a new player, it's disappointing the storyline has now been ruined for me. Instead of navigating through what I'm led to believe is a deep, cavernous system I'm instead faced with a huge blank patch of nothing.

I flicked over to creative mode and headed out south to where this blank space was (I thought it could actually be part of the story, that the world was a simulation and this blank space was the start of a story ark - I dunno) and found an awesome purple cave which is completely missing from my survival mode save...

Do I begin a new game so I can progress with the story? Do I wait for a patch that can fix this bug? Can my save file be fixed? Should I give up on this PS4 release and cut my losses (no getting a PC is not an option)?

The map missing at least one massive chunk sits aside the awful framerates, constant crashes, stupid damn fish swimming inside my base and whoever keeps repairing doors and replinising supply boxes in the Aurora...
  • NekoKatanaNekoKatana Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227857Members
    I got the pre release, enjoyed the graphics options that you removed from Subnautica when it went "live" and the console commands. Why couldnt you leave those all in and just lock out achievements and trophies when console commands are used? I am dissalusioned from your game now. just why?
  • BoogBoog Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245434Members
    Not sure if this will help anyone but I was save crashing and having the most horrible frame drop ever. I was about to give up entirely on the game but decided to rebuild the database of my ps4. After doing this, the lag and crashes have disappeared completely. I'm not sure how long it will last but I will keep the community updated.
    Is below zero coming to PS4 to.?