[Top] Fantastic by tishka dront

G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members
Why is this server whitelisted (in ns2 tab)? It has 47 mods. Couble of them alter gameplay quite heavily like bunnyhopping mechanics and somekind of drifter unit as a playable alien unit. I think i saw acid rocket also for fade.

I see server got populated by rookies quite often so it would be better to move server to arcade tab to give rookies pure ns2 experience. Tishka have other servers with no major mods so i dont think he minds.

This link dont see every mod, ingame you can see 47 mods. Maybe the site is outdated or server is hacked somehow or something like that B)
https://ns2servers.pw/server/108.61.98.31:27015

@GhoulofGSG9 @IronHorse

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    It's not whitelisted. You can tell if a server is whitelisted/ranked or not by looking at the color of the "game" column. If it is blue, it is ranked.
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members
    edited September 2018
    Ok. Well i meant that move it to arcade tab. Like other modded games.

E: Or is it allowed to modifie ns2 like that and still be in ns2 tab? It was horrifying experience trying to gorge there when commander seat was taken.

E2: Aaand the server was taken down. Thank you all for the trouble. i´m happy now :)

For Tishka: Pls move server to arcade tab next time when you want to heavily mod game.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    None of the mods change the game mode. Arcade tab is only for servers that change the game mode or have 25+ players.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    48 installed mods, many introduce new "features" like healing field or plantable bombs is faaaaaaar away from normal NS2. Please dont tell this crap is whitelisted.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    dePARA wrote: »
    48 installed mods, many introduce new "features" like healing field or plantable bombs is faaaaaaar away from normal NS2. Please dont tell this crap is whitelisted.

It's not whitelisted. It's also not a different game mode like skulks with shotguns or combat.
    G_of_the_J wrote: »
    For Tishka: Pls move server to arcade tab next time when you want to heavily mod game.

Server operators have no ability to do that apart from setting player count to 25+. It's up to the mod creators to mark a mod as a different game mode.
    So basically you can make gamechanging mod and mark it as a ns2(vanilla)mod? Like acidrockets, bunnyhop, more playable units? Really?

I wish there was a way to see if there is any gamechanging mods.
    There is a way on the workshop to mark mods as "gameplay tweaks", and I do the best I can to properly tag my mods, but those tags are not visible from within NS2.
  • TISHKA_DRONTTISHKA_DRONT [TOP only] Minecraft, BF4, Medal of Honor 2010, NS2, PvZ GW1 Join Date: 2018-11-07 Member: 244566Members
    edited November 2018
  • TISHKA_DRONTTISHKA_DRONT [TOP only] Minecraft, BF4, Medal of Honor 2010, NS2, PvZ GW1 Join Date: 2018-11-07 Member: 244566Members
    edited November 2018
    So basically you can make gamechanging mod and mark it as a ns2(vanilla)mod? Like acidrockets, bunnyhop, more playable units? Really?

I wish there was a way to see if there is any gamechanging mods.

G_of_the_J, what is nick in NS2? i want ban You in ALL [TOP] series servers (now 3 NS2 servers) ;)
    Please, do not hide your nick :)
    Well, it shouldnt be hard to guess :o

I dont play in your servers anymore so go ahead. <3
    edited November 2018
    This is fine. I do not like players who cry because of their sharply dropped skills, because they have fallen into the new conditions of the game, and it’s difficult for them to play even against beginners.
    TOP servers are not something static and change while maintaining an excellent balance of teams, start use new mods appear, now one of the server versions is with replace ONOS to mini-ONOS, price is 20, armor is 300 and EXO with flame gun (price 40..50) in hands (player can choice weird or rail gun too to other or both hand of EXO). Also, one of the servers will be RANKED with small in size 14..16slots (now all other ranked server use 18 slots and more), but that will pass you by. If I see you on the [TOP] server - I will banish you)
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited November 2018
    In Finland we have this phrase: Ryssä gonna ryssä. It is definitely applied here :D
    edited November 2018
    In Finland we have this phrase: Ryssä gonna ryssä. It is definitely applied here :D
    update your phrase to "black gonna black". And people get chance think - you rasist?
    i rotate this rules on balls, because of which the audience of NS2 gamers has shrunk from 6000 to 250.
    rules that limit the maximully - you ultimately reduce the audience. My and other servers with non-standard plug-ins are an option to show new players that the NS2 world is not limited to one type of gameplay.
    You are a small group that protects your interests, and you have made the game so boring and monotonous that a very small proportion of new players continue to play after the trial time. If 30% only of new players continue play, then we see: audience (max online) would have grow permannently 250-300-350-400 ... No this progress now and after steam discount time too NO.