Cyclops Docking

SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
OK so I'm going to make this quick, I was on the Subnautica Trello and I saw a picture of what looked to be the werid door-shaped blue part of the front of the cyclops seemingly docked to a sea base. Is this an upcoming feature because I like it, and if not then can you devs make it happen because it looks so good and could have so much functionality.

Comments

• gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    I can't find it at the moment, but I remember seeing something awhile back (could have been on a different Trello page) that Cyclops docking is still planned, but was on the card for things after 1.0.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    It's in the plans. :) Last I heard, they were still having a few glitches with it, but it was still planned by V1.0 at the latest.
  • ArbitorArbitor Australia Join Date: 2017-05-06 Member: 230303Members
    A docking station would be great
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    I can't give you a Trello card link but I too read several times here, that they have a docking feature planed for the Cyclops. Not a complete drydock like a giant Moonpool but a Hatch like thing where you could connect your Cyclops directly to your base.
    I found it
    https://trello.com/c/hMdKCmrE/281-magnetic-cyclops-dock-that-charges-cyclops-from-base-power

the way it sounds they are still trying to decide how to do it

one way means redesigning the front of the cyclops so that a corridor that has a hatch with moon pool-like grabbers that straightens and pulls in the cyclops and seals it to the base, then you are able to walk from cyclops into the base and vice versa

7ddezrm10r6s.jpg

the other way mentioned sounds like a corridor with a hatch on top with an auto-docking mechanism that docks the cyclops using the current hatch on the botttom and once docked you clime down into your base and up into the sub from your base most likely with a ladder that swings down

8pqse8kyo5b5.jpg

i think ether way will still charge the powercells
    it doesn't say if we would still be able to dock, undock the seamoth and prawn suit like it is a extra moonpool
  • NepsterCZNepsterCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230330Members
    So, do you guys have any concepts, or ideas how would you like the Cyclops dock to look? I thought of something like this:

cyclopsdock_by_nepstercz_db8waeo_by_nepstercz-db8wcoe.png

Docking Cyclops inside a "moonpool" type structure. It would require some modifications to the Cyclops, mainly the addition of some kind of airlock door in the airlock chamber it already has, but that should be fairly easy. Alternatively, you could just extend a ladder, don't change anything.
  • Jpop20Jpop20 Los Angeles Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221803Members
    Couldn't the developers just change it so that if I put two moonpools in a line together they combine into one big moon pool? I'm just asking coding isn't my forte
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Most likely they might develop a docking module which is just another base building part or they might go with a cyclops sized moonpool. Realistically I think they'll probably go with the former in the form of a docking port. I mean there's already a hatch on the Cyclops which the docking port could connect to.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    edited May 2017
    here is a screenshot of that dev page with the seabase connected to cyclops

http://imgur.com/a/V4TBI
    edited May 2017
  • Warmaster_PrimeWarmaster_Prime Hawaii Join Date: 2016-01-13 Member: 211326Members
    I might have found something...
  • Warmaster_PrimeWarmaster_Prime Hawaii Join Date: 2016-01-13 Member: 211326Members
    edited November 2018
    The Cyclops Docking Bay
    x1gpcu6tpztw.jpg
  • GreyshirkGreyshirk Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245604Members
  • JesusTheBirdJesusTheBird United States Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246506Members
    I wouldnt mind a redesign if it needs it... I also personally have yet to build a cyclops and use one. but from the looks of it...there seems to be similar looks to the lower front section of the cyclops and the bulkhead door. If the bulkhead can be placed on the exterior. that would bring a viable option to actually use it. as it its now..its only use is limited to preventing flooding..which will never happen as long as the player is aware of their bases structural integrity and defenses.
  • RagashGrrRagashGrr Polska Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246596Members
    I really love this idea!

I would love also a bit bigger end-game "Gigantic Cyclop" with docking bays for both: PRAWN + Seamoth. I wouldn't mind also more personalized interior! It would be nice to add my photos/found posters and radio with music. Maybe some shelf for throphies or toys (small Aurora + Teddy Bear <3 ), maybe place to hang some pendant on front window (like a pair of dice etc. - truck driver style!) maybe a normal fabricator also... :)
  • StiopaStiopa Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247554Members
    I thought that stacking two moonpools vertically could result in a neat docking bay, working pretty much like NepsterCZ's idea, but that dedicated docking station looks extremely neat.

Oh, and it'd be cool if moonpools could stack horizontally anyway, up to 2x2, providing space for up to four Seamoths/Prawns.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    I think being able to combine docking bays, like two in width, and three in length, that would make a big enough space for the cyclops right? And a sealed door to the left and right of the bridge so you can walk out of and into the cyclops.
  • ЭйТыКакТебяТамЭйТыКакТебяТам Scythia Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247668Members
    Не могу понять в чём сложность? Вещь действительно нужная. Они же сделали пристыковку мотылька и краба? Чего тут нового? Всё то же самое, только кверх ногами к трубе с манипуляторами, которая смотрит в верх. или мешают, аннунаки масоны, демоны преисподней? Не честно чего я не понимаю?

Can't figure out the difficulty? The thing really needed. They also made the attachment of the butterfly and crab? What's new? All the same, only upside down to the pipe with manipulators, which looks to the top. or interfere with, the Anunnaki the masons, the demons of the underworld? Not honestly what I don't understand?
  • anguelanguel Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 248001Members
    would be awesome for a docking bay to be added in game !
  • ChocoliChocoli Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248215Members
    That would be awesome!
  • Dreddpool82Dreddpool82 Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248511Members
    I wish i could dock the seamoth to the front port where you enter and exit the cyclops and leave the back hold for the prawn. as the seamoth has a entry port on to so docking it with the front port on the cyclops seems logical.