What fish would YOU want as a pet?

AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 753 Advanced user
Comment ideas below!

Mine would be a Hoverfish. They're adorable!
0oq4khxyimgn.jpg
================Anomaly================
"Life is a game,
which the universe plays with itself."

Well said, Jochi Khasar. Well said.
Aurora_Survivor

Comments

• JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members Posts: 110 Advanced user
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 475 Advanced user
    I hear pet crashfishes are a blast !
    AnomalyDetectedAU_sans358reem70TheFujirose
  • RowletAlexRowletAlex Eleventy-seven Nonexistent Street, Nowhereville, Outer Space. Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239126Members Posts: 53 Advanced user
    An Alien Penguin. I mean, who DOESNT want one?
    AnomalyDetectedMobiusDickGourmet_Guy
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members Posts: 86 Advanced user
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members Posts: 138 Advanced user
    #RockgrubNation
    Don’t steal my plants.
    AnomalyDetectedAU_sans358Gourmet_Guy
  • DragonbotDragonbot United States Join Date: 2018-07-30 Member: 242579Members Posts: 15 Advanced user
    A Mesmer would be epic, although i have a feeling like that would end badly.
    Maybe just a nice little Cuddlefish...
    AnomalyDetected
  • AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members Posts: 47 Advanced user
    I'll stick with Peeper.
    Stiles52AnomalyDetectedGourmet_Guy
  • Stiles52Stiles52 Join Date: 2018-08-15 Member: 242874Members Posts: 3 Fully active user
    Les peepers la base je les trouves mignon XD
    Q_bert
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members Posts: 138 Advanced user
    Stiles52 wrote: »
    Les peepers la base je les trouves mignon XD

For all you monolingual people, he basically said that he finds peepers cute.
    Don’t steal my plants.
  • MobiusDickMobiusDick Join Date: 2018-08-25 Member: 243041Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Okay, I have an unusual answer for this one! The scrapped crested reaper from the arctic expansion. The notes in the margins described it as smart, hunting in a manner similar to orcas. I would love it if, while hostile at first, they could be convinced over time that the player's resourcefulness outweighs their value as a snack. If the player encounters a pod of them hunting, initially, they will hunt you. But if you manage to catch fish, you can offer them to the reapers. Bigger catch earns more trust and respect. After a threshold is reached, that reaper pod becomes friendly and will actively hunt with the player. I would LOVE this. Like taming wolves. There are so many possibilities. Runty crested reapers, exiled from their pods, may become attracted to your bases because of the scraps you leave behind, and while less useful for defense, would become friendly easier.
    BlueBottleAnomalyDetected
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members Posts: 1,179 Advanced user
    I would want a Rainbow Trout.
    Wait...
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
    AnomalyDetected
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members Posts: 481 Advanced user
    I'd go for a seadragon. They're big cute fire-breathing kittens.
    I'm a stupid person who makes stupid games and constantly self-deprecates his stupid life because he's a stupid idiot.

Yeah, I'm a bit messed up.
    AnomalyDetectedMobiusDickGourmet_Guy
  • AU_sans358AU_sans358 Join Date: 2018-08-30 Member: 243121Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    i say it should be the sea emperor babies
    AU_sans358 wrote: »

Never mind that the Sea Emperors are sentient beings, and that’d basically be slavery.
    Don’t steal my plants.
    AnomalyDetectedIrishLuvGourmet_Guy
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members Posts: 110 Advanced user
    Q_bert wrote: »

Never mind that the Sea Emperors are sentient beings, and that’d basically be slavery.

cats, dogs, and most animals are sentient
    Q_bertjamintheinfinite_1AnomalyDetectedGourmet_Guy
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 753 Advanced user
    JustAHat wrote: »
    hoverfish
    hoverfish 100%

I see you two agree with me. Nice.
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    I hear pet crashfishes are a blast !
    RowletAlex wrote: »
    An Alien Penguin. I mean, who DOESNT want one?
    #RockgrubNation
    Amadeone wrote: »
    I'll stick with Peeper.
    MobiusDick wrote: »
    Okay, I have an unusual answer for this one! The scrapped crested reaper from the arctic expansion. The notes in the margins described it as smart, hunting in a manner similar to orcas. I would love it if, while hostile at first, they could be convinced over time that the player's resourcefulness outweighs their value as a snack. If the player encounters a pod of them hunting, initially, they will hunt you. But if you manage to catch fish, you can offer them to the reapers. Bigger catch earns more trust and respect. After a threshold is reached, that reaper pod becomes friendly and will actively hunt with the player. I would LOVE this. Like taming wolves. There are so many possibilities. Runty crested reapers, exiled from their pods, may become attracted to your bases because of the scraps you leave behind, and while less useful for defense, would become friendly easier.
    Recursion wrote: »
    I'd go for a seadragon. They're big cute fire-breathing kittens.

I have to say, you all came up with such interesting ones!
    Skope wrote: »
    I would want a Rainbow Trout.
    Wait...

Lmao.

I mean, animals are sentient. All creatures are. And maybe it wants to be a pet.

"Life is a game,
    which the universe plays with itself."

Well said, Jochi Khasar. Well said.
  • IrishLuvIrishLuv United States Join Date: 2018-08-31 Member: 243155Members Posts: 1 Fully active user

Only if ya make them work. If you just stick them in a tank, it's mere false imprisonment/kidnapping.
    AnomalyDetected
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members Posts: 602 Advanced user
    Just to want one? Hoverfish definitely. Realistically speaking... I don't have the space for an appropriately sized tank. Pretty much everything encountered in game would have massive housing requirements. Garryfish perhaps with the least just taking a guess. Maybe a bladderfish. Everything else probably needs a big enough tank you'd have to look at reinforcing the foundation of your house.
    AnomalyDetected
  • CrabsnakeFriendCrabsnakeFriend Join Date: 2018-08-31 Member: 243191Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Crabsnake. They have their own home, and live in a cool biome
    maybe I could live in the Degasi Base
    AnomalyDetected
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members Posts: 1,179 Advanced user
    edited August 2018
    Crabsnake. They have their own home, and live in a cool biome
    maybe I could live in the Degasi Base

You fool!

Do you understand what you've called down upon us?!

The wrath of Foxy with his Flamethrower of Glory will rain down upon us all for your abuse of the spoiler button!
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
    narfblatAnomalyDetectedTheFujirose
  • StrollingArcStrollingArc Join Date: 2018-09-01 Member: 243195Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    One of the rays would be nice - tranquil and serene
    AnomalyDetected
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members Posts: 344 Advanced user
    I'll take any school of fishes that continue to swim about my apartment the same way they swim through my base!
    I've got my objections to the World, certainly. But I'll be very sorry to see it ruined.
    AnomalyDetected
  • FlamingChickenWingsFlamingChickenWings Netherlands Join Date: 2017-10-27 Member: 233751Members Posts: 17 Advanced user
    I don't know about a pet, but I'm absolutely yearning for a school of reefback plushies in my bed.
    AnomalyDetectedVuDjuBuh
  • avatardragon101avatardragon101 Perth Join Date: 2018-07-28 Member: 242511Members Posts: 3 Fully active user
    I like the hover fish they cute ahah
    AnomalyDetected
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
    edited September 2018
    It's not a fish, but it evolved from a fish.
    7utcr430s5cl.jpg
    Post edited by VectorMaster22 on
    Life is a window. It is just a scream into the darkness, passing the time until all of you, your memories, and all of humanity slowly fade into the void that is death. As your window closes, you will know that life is just the fight against it, even though it is just a constant in life. Death is the Impending Doom, the one force that always prevails, the true entity that connects and binds us all. All problems, either big or small, amount to nothing. The one possible savior to this world and everything in it is our own universal mortality. Once we realize this, society might finally become true and pure, and all will be at peace.

Y̸o̴u̵ ̸t̴h̴o̶u̴g̸h̷t̴ ̷y̷o̵u̵ ̵d̵e̶s̵t̵r̷o̵y̶e̵d̵ ̴u̵s̵.̴ B̴̆͜u̸̧͆t̷̟͗ ̴̡͝ŝ̴͖o̷̗̿m̷͍̑e̴̟͋ ̷̧̎t̴͖̆h̸̫͠i̶̜͋n̶̩̾g̴͉͂s̷̳̽ w̶̺͋ȅ̵͓r̵̲͠e̶͕̋ ̶̬̎j̵̰̈́u̸̱͘s̵̗̈́t̵̺̏ ̶̬̈́m̴̱̈e̵͈̿a̴͙͋ň̷̦t̸̢̍ ̵͇̏t̶͕̃ơ̸̼ ̸͉́b̸̡̊ȇ̷̢ b̵̥̖͎̑̿͌ȓ̷̝̖͔͖̘̮̯̤̝ŏ̵͖̝̯̱͎̅̀̊́͘͝k̷̙̪͙̜̖̱̗͕̩͍̃̊e̵̬̟̓͑̓̅n̷͓̪̙̜̦̘̯͍̟͑͂͗̋̔͑͜.̴̩͌͠
    AnomalyDetected
  • VuDjuBuhVuDjuBuh Netherlands Join Date: 2018-09-30 Member: 243854Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    I'd have a rabbit ray as my pet, i like the way they look and have a glow in the dark effect.
    AnomalyDetected
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members Posts: 655 Advanced user
    Sea Emperor Leviathan.

We can each claim that the other is the pet, and take over the world!
    AnomalyDetected
  • TheFujiroseTheFujirose Canada, ON Join Date: 2018-10-13 Member: 244120Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
    Come on guys the rabbitray by far is the best pet. You cannot eat it so you can name it!
    AnomalyDetected