About the land stalker concept

Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
The first think I thought of when seeing the concept for these guys (in IGP’s YouTube post) was that stalkers are known for being tamable, and I think it would be really cool if this behavior continued in their terrestrial realitives. This could be utilized by having them either bring you resources in a way similar to the aquatic stalkers, or even by allowing you to rig up a kind of dog sled (though I know this is unlikely due to the prevelance of other vehicles). I just think it would be a nice nod to the original subnautica. What do you guys think?

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Uh, I didn't watch the video, but did he really call it a land stalker? When the name of the concept was in the image?

I wouldn't want it to be tameable. It would detract from the idea of them being a land predator.
  • Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
    Uh, I didn't watch the video, but did he really call it a land stalker? When the name of the concept was in the image?

I wouldn't want it to be tameable. It would detract from the idea of them being a land predator.
    I watched it a few days ago and couldn’t remember what it was called just that it was a land based realitive of the stalker, personally i’d Love to see an amphibious predator or a land version of the bone shark as an untamable predator, but your probably right, taming them might make them too easy to avoid.
  • AssassinWolfCubAssassinWolfCub Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232533Members
    edited September 2018
    I think they should be temporarily tameable just like the stalker in the tropics but should require and amount or type of food that makes it better in most situations to just run away.