Idea for update/remake/DLC expansion.

AssassinWolfCubAssassinWolfCub Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232533Members
edited September 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
I know it's really early to talk about this (Below Zero's alpha isn't even close) but I'd like to suggest a new idea I had.
I'd really like some sort of DLC/remake version/update that Adds scrapped content or new ideas (from Below Zero as well as other things that would fit in; and things that didn't quite make it) To the main game of Subnautica.
For example, terraforming, (hopefully multiplayer if possible), cyclops docking bay, transfuser, grab crab, twisty bridges, weather, etc.
Of course for some changes, other things will have to be altered, but I think that's ok as long as it doesn't change the core experience much.

I love Subnautica already and would go as far as to say it is one of, if not the best survival game out there, but I think these features would make the game even better than before and expand the experience in an amazing way.

Comments

• ShrekislifeShrekislife Shrek's Grand Swamp Join Date: 2018-07-31 Member: 242594Members
    I especially like the transfuser
  • AssassinWolfCubAssassinWolfCub Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232533Members
    edited September 2018
    I especially like the transfuser

I do too.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I know it's really early to talk about this (Below Zero's alpha isn't even close) but I'd like to suggest a new idea I had.
    I'd really like some sort of DLC/remake version/update that Adds scrapped content or new ideas (from Below Zero as well as other things that would fit in; and things that didn't quite make it) To the main game of Subnautica.
    For example, terraforming, (hopefully multiplayer if possible), cyclops docking bay, transfuser, grab crab, twisty bridges, etc.
    Of course for some changes, other things will have to be altered, but I think that's ok as long as it doesn't change the core experience much.

I love Subnautica already and would go as far as to say it is one of, if not the best survival game out there, but I think these features would make the game even better than before and expand the experience in an amazing way.

1) Scrapped Content and Ideas:
    Maybe, but unlikely.

2) Terraforming:
    While an interesting idea, it was the root of many lag issues, causing very bad, un-optimized areas.

3) Multiplayer:
    The devs have stated multiple times no, track the Nitrox mod for multiplayer.

4) Cyclops docking bay:
    Would be nice.

5) Transfuser:
    Interesting if it got brought back.

6) Grab Crab and Twisty Bridges:
    Yes.
    For example, terraforming, (hopefully multiplayer if possible), cyclops docking bay, transfuser, grab crab, twisty bridges, etc.

Maybe, but unlikely.

2) Terraforming:
    While an interesting idea, it was the root of many lag issues, causing very bad, un-optimized areas.

3) Multiplayer:

4) Cyclops docking bay:
    Would be nice.

5) Transfuser:

Yes.

I knew while writing that multiplayer and terraforming would not work in the current state of Subnautica for those, the devs would have to make some sort of remake or workaround.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited September 2018
    Maybe, but unlikely.

2) Terraforming:

3) Multiplayer:

4) Cyclops docking bay:
    Would be nice.

5) Transfuser:

Yes.

I knew while writing that multiplayer and terraforming would not work in the current state of Subnautica for those, the devs would have to make some sort of remake or workaround.

There is no work-around without redesigning the entire game. The game was built off this cell-style terrain system.
    Maybe, but unlikely.

2) Terraforming:

3) Multiplayer:

4) Cyclops docking bay:
    Would be nice.

5) Transfuser:

Yes.

There is no work-around without redesigning the entire game. The game was built off this cell-style terrain system.

That is why I suggested a remake
  • gavin1988gavin1988 Oxford England Join Date: 2019-01-28 Member: 249528Members
    I think it would be a good idea to have a DLC where you play as the degasei people and be able to to watch mini clips of the other survivors from your ship when you find the pdas
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    I don't think the cyclops will ever have a docking bay, but some sort of connector tube extending from the base into the water, which the cyclops will be able to hook onto with the press of a button (On the cyclops), then when you go to get out with the hatch, that hatch leads to the ladder to your base/habitat.
  • gavin1988gavin1988 Oxford England Join Date: 2019-01-28 Member: 249528Members
    I don't think the cyclops will ever have a docking bay, but some sort of connector tube extending from the base into the water, which the cyclops will be able to hook onto with the press of a button (On the cyclops), then when you go to get out with the hatch, that hatch leads to the ladder to your base/habitat.

The Cyclops to be able to dock two vehicles maybe a upgrade module and a solar power recharger plus sonar for all vehicles not just the Cyclops..wind turbines which can be placed on the top of a base which is not submerged completely and a work desk which actually does something like be able to to control which scanner room looks for what without having to travel to it giving it plenty of time to search before you get there and when u mine stuff the game still says it's still there and the seamoth to have a mining module
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    I know that you can dock vehicles, i mean a docking bay for the cyclops, like the moon pool, i don't think there'll be a moon pool docking bay for the cyclops.