Finally being able to see a precursor in Sub Zero DLC If you view pls read it all

ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
edited September 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
I am hoping with the upcoming "Sub Zero" DLC That they have more unique precursor structures and I wish I don't know if the DEVS will do it or not I hope they do though. I think around start of the game and mid game when you have a functional base set up and once you build a communications device you get a unknown distress call and you decide to follow where it is coming from. Once you get there you see a heavily armored unknown door built into the side of a massive iceberg. then when you search the area you find a unknown crate with a key looking device inside. Then you head back to the door and put the key in unlocking the door and you head inside the unknown facility. As soon as you are in the ice around the door collapses. Before you say how do we get out I will get to that.
But when it collapses you start to explore the facility. Then when you have traveled 30 meters into the base you find a terminal giving you directions to a command room also giving you the code. Then after travelling further you find the door and use the code opening the door. Once you get inside you see 2 different info terminals about the facility and why it was built. Then you see a map talking about a cryo bay area and then you can head there or leave the base that the map tells you where the emergency exit is. If you go to the cryo area you see all the cryo type tubes open but you see only one closed. As you go to the closed one you look inside to see a frozen precursor inside. While you try to open it you get a thing on your PDA saying "Warning cryo failure, tube cannot be open" "Power systems low" and then as you search the precursor facility you find multiple new blueprints and take them with you.
As you leave the facility and go out the emergency door you get a message saying" Warning power level insufficient facility will be shut offline" and once the emergency door closes behind you the power goes out and end up back to where the front is and you leave the facility.

The only way to turn the facility back on is to find its power station which is 500 meter north of the base and once you get there you can reboot the power turning the base back online which will allow you to go back in again. This is just an idea but I hope the DEVs add this into the DLC. If you have any comments or other ideas you might want added into the DLC and thank you for listening to my idea.

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    The structure I can agree with.

Seeing a precursor?

No.

As the devs have stated, as many others have said, and how I would say, the Precursors should not have any finite design. They should be left to the mind. No definitive design should be given, leaving you to ponder and come up with ideas of the actual creatures forms. Are they green men with tech implants? Dimensional beings beyond our comprehension? Human like?

It is all things you should be left to think. You shouldn't outright be shown one.

PS: Can we please stop calling it a DLC? It's a Story Expansion and a Standalone Game. It's not a DLC.
  • ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
    The structure I can agree with.

Seeing a precursor?

No.

As the devs have stated, as many others have said, and how I would say, the Precursors should not have any finite design. They should be left to the mind. No definitive design should be given, leaving you to ponder and come up with ideas of the actual creatures forms. Are they green men with tech implants? Dimensional beings beyond our comprehension? Human like?

It is all things you should be left to think. You shouldn't outright be shown one.

PS: Can we please stop calling it a DLC? It's a Story Expansion and a Standalone Game. It's not a DLC.

I know this is just an idea if they don't add it they don't add it and i'll take in note to call it an expansion for now on