Please replace self damage of grenades / explosions to speed buff

borkbork Brest, Belarus Join Date: 2018-08-10 Member: 242760Members
Please replace self damage of grenades / explosions to speed buff to teammates like after web effect. Will be more logic.

Comments

• MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    So let me see if I understand this right...

You want to remove self damage from grenades and replace it with a speed buff??

As in hit yourself/teammates with a grenade to speed them up?

Not only would that make the marine "herds" you've been complaining about infinitely stronger (basically super cheap cat packs) it makes absolutely no sense at all...

Why should an explosion give you a speed boost???
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I think he meant nerf to speed, like after a web.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2018
    Why should an explosion give you a speed boost? This question makes me think about rocket jumps in quake.

I do think he meant speed nerf rather than have damage. A speed buff in ns2 would be silly.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Nordic wrote: »
    Why should an explosion give you a speed boost? This question makes me think about rocket jumps in quake

Preciiiisely. A gamer never dies from its own bullets/bombs. He gets a speed boost !!! ... at least.

I thought you knew that !!!

What would be more true??

Not to mention the "grenade jump with triple looping, triple Axel, head-shot with an good old Artic sniper rifle from the other side of the map" which is totally... totally normal and fit reality perfectly.