Cuddlefish Usefulness

JimmyLanderJimmyLander Bulgaria Join Date: 2016-06-15 Member: 218623Members
edited August 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
Here are a few quick thoughts I have for the cuddlefish.

If the cuddlefish is compared to having the intellectual capacity of a dolphin, it would be nice to have it be able to distract predators. For example if a shark approaches you, the cuddlefish would make it focus it instead and lead it away.

Maybe the cuddlefish can use camouflage when in dangerous areas for example by becoming invisible, or if that seems too ambitious and unrealistic, utilizing a chameleon-like tactic to blend in with the environment, essentially ensuring that it can’t be killed by other fauna. Right now, I feel like it’s too squishy for it to follow me around considering it’s a mid/late game companion. This particular suggestion is something I see as a plausible way to buff the cuddlefish’s survivability.

Lastly, maybe having the cuddlefish stick to the outer surface (of maybe the window) of any vehicle the player drives, so that it can travel with them, similar to the lava larvae but without obscuring vision or being damageable.

Of course, the cuddlefish was never designed with the intention of being helpful to the player, rather just being a cute pet of no actual importance to gameplay, but I still think it would be fun to have it as a useful sidekick that watches out for you. If anything it should at least be able to avoid taking damage while idle around the player’s base. What do you think?

Comments

• Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    Just one problem with all of this... they have more health than a sea dragon.
  • JimmyLanderJimmyLander Bulgaria Join Date: 2016-06-15 Member: 218623Members
    Q_bert wrote: »
    Just one problem with all of this... they have more health than a sea dragon.

True, but they don’t regenerate health overtime and they don’t really dodge attacks so they are bound to die at some point. Unless I’m wrong.

But yeah, I don’t really mind the cuddlefish as it is right now (it’s adorable), I was just exploring its potential as a companion.

• Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    @JimmyLander you could try spawning some sea dragons in the surface biomes, and seeing how long they last, if it helps you.
  • lanereed01lanereed01 Pennsylvania Join Date: 2018-09-04 Member: 243285Members
    It should be able to collect recourses and bring them to the base, because it has multiple tentacles, so it should be able to grab recourses with some and use the others to swim it to the base.