Endless sea challenge mode

BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members Posts: 22 Advanced user
The world is a treadmill,
Start in the shallows, with the Aurora at your back and a timer to being killed off by drive radiation and other exotic particles.

with dead-zone cliffs on either side, plagued with leviathans and the straight path ahead.

1- Survive
2 - Build fast
3 - Build smart
4 - Plan for your trip forward with movable storage.

The game spawns in World spawns in biomes on the fly and "irradiates / (removes)" the previous biome.

naturally, depths goes gradually down, and islands can get in the way, forcing changes to strategies or having to abandon the current loadout, and restart on another.
Walled in biomes Gated with Precursor portals if you like.....

and you just keep on trucking Mark Watney style.

Comments

• acuedfcsxvacuedfcsxv USA Join Date: 2018-08-28 Member: 243091Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members Posts: 138 Advanced user
    what

what is this

help
    Don’t steal my plants.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members Posts: 344 Advanced user
    Procedural world generation I think.
    I've got my objections to the World, certainly. But I'll be very sorry to see it ruined.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 768 Advanced user
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    Procedural world generation I think.

They attempted to do that years ago. The style of terrain proved to make the game highly laggy, and also removes the ability to have recognizable and custom, indicate terrain.

Think of it like this:

Procedurly generated terrain:
    9kh5oor0q0ea.png

Terrain custom made:
    24a3izej8c1i.jpg

================Anom================
    "Open windows, closing doors,
    God can't help us anymore!
    Souls forever, come and go,
    Burn all the bridges and fire in the hole!"
    ================Anom================
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members Posts: 344 Advanced user
    It's the one thing I really enjoy about Minecraft (an otherwise pretty cruddy game IMHO).

How about a beautiful but predictable core Subnautica game nestled within a donut of cruddy, but freshly procedurally generated terrain? The aim being to live out the rest of one's life playing Subnautica, of course.
    I've got my objections to the World, certainly. But I'll be very sorry to see it ruined.