CALLING ALL MAPPERS!

KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
So, I tried taking a look at the old combat map ns2_co_portals to see if I can get it up and running again, unfortunately due to missing textures and props there is no way i'd be able to make it work.

But this got me thinking, its been a very long time since there was a community project brought up and my hope is to stir something up now.

So, here is what i'd love to see -

Using the idea of the Portals map and the relaunch of combat mod, i'd like to communally create "ns2_co_portals2" or something to that effect.

What we need -

Triple connection rooms - 4 (rooms with 3 suitable locations for portals to connect to)
Double connection rooms - 2 (rooms with 2 suitable locations for portals to connect to)
Quadruple connection room - 1 (a room with 4 suitable locations for portals to connect to)
Double connection Tech Point rooms - 2 (rooms that contain a tech point and 2 suitable locations for portals to connect to, preferably 1 alien themed and another marine themed)

So, a total of 9 rooms, with no thematic restrictions other than making sure the locations are actually playable.

I would be 100% happy to do a room myself, maybe 2 if its desperately needed, but I'd rather see 9 unique mappers working on a room each.

So, is there interest in this? are people up for taking a little time to make a fun, new map for the combat mod?
If enough people are interested and willing to offer their time and skill that would be fantastic and we can get started on something.

Comments