Black screen when connecting

Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
The game does not crash. No erros in the console.
Sometimes I can get map/textures to load by typing spectate in console and move around or jump between spectate/rr/j1/j2.

This was a problem for the past couple of weeks. I have deleted all of workshop and cache manually and have tried the repair exe from the recent patch. I have also verified the installation file.

Same problem experiencing on all servers tried

I know you will need more info, but I am unsure on how to collect it in this circumstances.

vr9tmrmben3m.png

Comments

• McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Please go through the steps to recreate the problem, and quite the game.
    Then run the techsupport.exe found in the game's 'x64' sub-folder, and post the zip file.
    After that try running the RepairGame.exe utility located in the same 'x64' folder, and try reconnecting to a server.
    Also, if you're using DX11 renderer, please set it to DX9. DX11 still have the 'beta' label for a reason, it's got issues.
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    I notcied that there wasn't any video memory used to allocate targets. As i don't have a graphics card, i checked my vram and the setting appears to have reduced at some point. I increased this in the bios and it seems to be fine now.

Should anyone have a similar issue, either get a graphic card or increase vram