Server Browser

StupidStupid Join Date: 2018-06-03 Member: 241104Members
edited June 2018 in Technical Support
When I start the game the Server Browser is empty until I click on quick play...
Then I can cancel the quick play as quick as I desire and then go to Server Browser to see the now working server browser.

I do not have any filters on, with unlimited ping selected.

I've reinstalled the game as well.

It's not the largest issue, but it would be cool if I could iron it out.

Comments

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    NS2 (Steam?) also stores some user settings under your profile folder, have you deleted that too?
    (i'm in the office atm, i can get back with the exact path in the afternoon)
  • greenhorsegreenhorse Join Date: 2014-11-11 Member: 199605Members
    Stupid wrote: »
    When I start the game the Server Browser is empty until I click on quick play...
    Then I can cancel the quick play as quick as I desire and then go to Server Browser to see the now working server browser.

Same here. Now as a habit I always go to ''quick play' first, press 'cancel' and then go to 'server browser'. :)

On the other hand I just went to 'server browser' first and it wasn't empty.

I don't think I deleted any steam settings. At least not intentionally.

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2018
    So using the refresh button in the server browser doesn't work? Also if you click at play in the server browser without a server selected it also starts quick play. May safe time executing the current "workaround".
  • StupidStupid Join Date: 2018-06-03 Member: 241104Members
    So using the refresh button in the server browser doesn't work? Also if you click at play in the server browser without a server selected it also starts quick play. May safe time executing the current "workaround".

The refresh button doesn't stop circling to click on refresh button.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited June 2018
    I had a slightly similar problem. Someone recommended deleting all my content inside my "%APPDATA%/natural selection 2/Workshop" folder and it solved my problem. I recommend backing it up first though.

I remember opening the server browser, seeing nothing, having to press ESC, then reclick the server browser to see the game list (but then this leads to another bug in NS2 menus when you switch too fast between menus = :( ).