Steam Does Not See Update #85 - Shows #84 as Latest Update Available

Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
edited May 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
As the title indicates, despite seeing the #85 update announcement constantly on the title screen of the game each time I launch it, my Steam client has never found/downloaded this latest #85 version of the game. As far as I know, I am still on #84.

I have since switched over to the BETA/experimental version hoping that when I switched back, this would force a download of 85, but that did not happen. The last update listed in my history is #84. This includes the developer email list I am subscribed to.

I have attached some screenshots of what I am seeing below... (There were all taken less than 10 minutes ago)

SUBNAUTICA as displayed in my Steam Game Library Section

8jcl62azmrzp.png

Build #:

wm39g058t43z.png

Update History

nx2tvqi8nwqw.png

Email Campaign Archive

ada45n6dgt2d.png

As you can see, there is no mention of #85 anywhere on these various sections of my Steam client. I am trying to understand what is going on here since I have never had a problem downloading a game update before now.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. How can I get my current saved game back onto the normal non-beta track at some future point? Right now when I try to launch my save under the non-beta version I see an alert message over the save stating that the files are newer than the version of the game.

Comments

• zontwitchzontwitch Canada Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238022Members
    edited May 2018
    What is the modification date on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\__buildnumber.txt"? Mine says April 23, 2018 and it just so happens that Update 85 was released on that date. If I open up the file inside it reads 1485, not sure what the 14 would stand for but I'm assuming the 85 is for Update 85.

Also when you first load up Subnautica in the main menus at the top right it will show some text, mine reads "Apr-2018 60026".

Based on https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/changes-and-checkins an April 23 check-in would should put us around that build number.
  • Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the info! This was VERY helpful in determining what version of the public release I actually have at this time.

When I reverted back to the public release version from the Beta I am seeing those same numbers in those locations as you are.

Apr-2018 60026 at the top right of the main title screen

1485 in the Build Text Document

So... It would appear that I have the same version of the non-experimental as you have. Based on the numbers used, it does appear to be version #85. I guess the latest version did get pushed to my install when I switched back from the beta.

Yet all the download history info in my Steam Client is still listing #84 as the last release/update with no mention of #85 anywhere on those pages I posted screenshots of yesterday. Confusing to say the least.

Perhaps this just comes down to "Unknown Worlds" failing to update their Steam info sections to reflect the lastest update? I assumed this was all automatic, but perhaps the developers are expected to keep these sections updated and current?

Also... Once I resaved my game within the public release I am no longer seeing that red text across the save file warning that the files are newer than the game file version.

So I guess all of the above solves the majority of this mystery, although I don't think the latest version was actually pushed to my account until I switched to the Beta version and back again.

Cheers.
  • Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
    zontwitch wrote: »

Based on https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/changes-and-checkins an April 23 check-in would should put us around that build number.

Did you notice that 60026 is not included on that list at the link above?

Kind of odd, isn't it?

• KKVKKV Join Date: 2018-06-02 Member: 241085Members
    Sorry for empty post...