Pre-order Black armor is gone

LigisttomtenLigisttomten Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158340Members
I pre-ordered this game back in 2010 and played 900 hours when it was released, just started playing now for some nostalgia and noticed I can't select my old black armor? Not a huge deal just wondering if it was removed or something.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2017
    Did you get the special edition of NS2 (before 2010-11-18), because that's the only version which comes with the black armour. If so you can probably get in contact with UWe through their about page or Discord channels. If you still have the receipt/email that came with it, they can probably help you out :)

Some more info

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/121431/questions-about-natural-selection-2-beta-access-or-black-deluxe-armour
  • LigisttomtenLigisttomten Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158340Members
    Yeah I got the special edition, always played with black armor in the old days (2012-2013)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2017
    You should have emails with the subject "Natural Selection 2 Steam Key" and "Your license information" from store@unknownworlds.com

Also, just to make sure you didn't just have them disabled. Have a look in your Steam NS2 properties at the DLC tab, it should have

"Natural Selection 2 - Black Armor"

and

"Natural Selection 2 - Deluxe DLC" <-- this one came for free for pre-steam pre-orders

Anyway, check for checkmarks :D
    http://i.imgur.com/NUu5iCD.png I can see it there it's just that in-game I only see vanilla and deluxe armor, black armor has just vanished.
    edited April 2017
    Do you mean, you don't see it as an option in the player customization part in NS2? I just checked, it's still there for me as an option. Or just that you don't see anyone in game (who have black armor) or your own corpse as a black armour?

That second one could be a server side thing, where they modded out certain skins, or even modded in other skins...
    The first one, it's not an option.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    http://i.imgur.com/NUu5iCD.png I can see it there it's just that in-game I only see vanilla and deluxe armor, black armor has just vanished.

Could you please post or send me a private message with your steam profile link? Sounds like somehow the black armor wasn't assigned to your steam inventory at first launch of the game.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The issue should be resolved now.
  • Hudson_PvTHudson_PvT Join Date: 2018-05-14 Member: 240717Members
    edited May 2018
    Same here, i was a kickstarter for the game and as a reward was given the Black Armour, used the Black Armour all the time when first playing the game, decided to have another crack at the game after many years, but now it's missing from my steam inventory also the Black Armour DLC check box is missing from the DLC options, Deluxe Edition owner.

Help Please?
  • leadpumperleadpumper Join Date: 2009-07-15 Member: 68149Members
    edited June 2018
    I am in the same position, but I'm unable to PM ghoul or really adequately reply since I haven't used my forum account enough for permission to post a link to my steam profile.
    leadpumper wrote: »
    I am in the same position, but I'm unable to PM ghoul or really adequately reply since I haven't used my forum account enough for permission to post a link to my steam profile.

I'll summon the great @GhoulofGSG9 for you then :tongue:
    I received the private message and forwarded it to @IronHorse as I'm currently on vacation.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited July 2018
    *snip*

Not helpful.

Technical support forums are for helping others. You can troll elsewhere. -Iron